Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-12-2002 , 03:53 PM

Selection?

Hi,
Could someone please tell me how to setup my selection tool so that when i'm in face mode i don't acidentally select any back facing geometry, ie verts or faces.

Thanks alot, James

# 2 05-12-2002 , 04:04 PM
Subscriber
you mean like visible selection option available in 3dstudio. i havent found a way to do it, but heres a solution for you. selcect the face you need, then go to a side view and hold ctrl key and drag a box around the rest of the object. this will deselct any faces in the selection square and leave only those you did not select. if you play with this option a little you will see that it gives you a 'depth of selection' control which actually comes in very handy.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 3 05-12-2002 , 04:42 PM
Subscriber
another easy way to prevent back faces from getting selected is to single click the face you want to select - not drawing a selction box. if the face does not get selected then you accidentally might have selected a backface, and you can hit z to redo the selection.

# 4 06-12-2002 , 12:06 AM

backfaces

/ ctrl-z
# 5 09-12-2002 , 11:53 PM
Subscriber
there is a option in the preferences know as "backface culling", turn it on and you wont have a problem