Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 61 05-06-2009 , 06:48 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
If you guys(and gals off course) watch the news tomorrow and suddenly get a newsflash about a guy in the Netherlands who is on a killingspree, killing of all couriers that work near or around Amsterdam, don't be surprised if it is about me;

I bought the tablet online and told the company to send it to my workadress so i was sure i had the tablet today, which al worked out.
I received a track and trace number from which i could see where my package was;
At 10 in the morning i checked it said that it was still on the delivery route, so i went back to work hoping to see a courier any moment.
Just before lunch i checked again and it was still on the delivery route according to the website. so after i ate i went back to work, but before that i send a mail to the couriercompany asking if they expected to come nearby amsterdam anywhere in this century.
Around 15:00 i checked the site again and it said it was delivered and signed by someone unknown to me and doesn't work at my company so i called them and they said they delivered it to a company just around the corner at 8:30 in the morning and left a note in the mailbox, so i ran to the mailbox got the paper and with a mixture of happiness and rabbies, for lack of better words i ran to the company that was a mere 50 meters away where it was laying there doing nothing and just around the corner.......and closed at 14:00 on fridays.
And iin case your wondering no they are not open at saturday nor sunday, so it will have to wait until monday.

So tonight i am going to have some good times with my best friends Johnny Walker and Jack Daniels and tomorrow the headlines i shall be known through out history as the courierkiller LOL

@ meredith;
" Dam thats one ugly tan line on his chest!"
And you are lucky not to be a dutch courier user added image
And thanks for the compliment

@ColdWave;
" i know what is to do sculpt with mouse. I do it as well"
It's good to know that i am not alone with this illnes called mousesculpting.
I don't know how much money you've got or what Wacoms cost in bulgary, but i got my new Wacom intuos 3 at a 50% end of life discount since they will be replaced by the new intuos 4, at first i wanted the new one(they look pretty slick if you ask me), but then reason kicked in; i only sculpt and texture with it, in maya/max/motionbuilder/fusion i use a mouse i can't seem to get used to a pen workflow in those packages and the intuos 3 cost me 270 Euro inc Vat and the Intuos 4 would cost me 470 Euro inc Vat so to me that is a no brainer.
I am sure that everywhere else they have a similar discount on "old " models so i would certainly scour the internet if i were youuser added image

# 62 05-06-2009 , 08:10 PM
Buddy here for 8h working per day the salary for one month is 270EURO or less... What should i eat ... but whatever. I must work about 4-5 months to afford this user added image I'm looking for 50 Euro model :blush: .

Yeah like you mouse work flow in maya etc.. is best and i have not in my mind to change the way i work user added image

Just need the Tablet only to make normal maps + textures that's all user added image

P.s And to learn some concept drawing in Photoshop... :blush:

p.s 2 still waiting for progress. Did you have in mind to animate it ?

# 63 05-06-2009 , 09:34 PM
"........ Buddy here for 8h working per day the salary for one month is 270EURO or less... "

- i am sorry i didn't mean to offend you:blush:

I also apologize to the answer i gave on your thread on forehand because i know that i said something there that could be interpreted as insulting, it wasn't meant like that

but surely Wacoms would be cheaper where you live right, if they charge 270 euro for a tablet no one will buy it?

I will work on Indy tomorrow or the day after when i have time, i was to distraught this evening, in mourning if you will LOL

# 64 05-06-2009 , 09:37 PM
its 300 Euro !! Here can you imagine .... my country is full of MAFIA ! :angery: :headbang: And we the other people not selling weapons,drugs and not making deals ... are getting it :headbang: But i hope soon i will move from here user added image

# 65 05-06-2009 , 10:31 PM
It shows character that you not take the easy way and it will be a loss for Bulgaria if people like you will leave it.
It will create a climate of hopelessness and in a climate such as this criminal organisations thrive.

I understand your desire to leave and get a better life somewhere else, so i try not to judge you, but surely you have some younger relatives maybe even some children of your own, they need rolemodels that showw them a hard but correct way instead of the easy way?

I mean you guys are in the europian union, for all it's other flaws it will drag bulgaria from the shadow protecting it give them a strong currency which benefits export and trade in general and in the long run your country will get a bit richer whilest the rich countries get a bit poorer leveling everything out.
Crime and corruption will drop in my believe since those things stem from poverty and lack of futureprospect.

# 66 05-06-2009 , 11:27 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mastone
If you guys(and gals off course) watch the news tomorrow and suddenly get a newsflash about a guy in the Netherlands who is on a killingspree, killing of all couriers that work near or around Amsterdam, don't be surprised if it is about me;

i thought this was actually going to appear on the news...
that sucks... you'd think they'd get the delivery adress right....

coldwave, could you get a cheaper non-wacom tablet?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 67 06-06-2009 , 06:31 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
i thought this was actually going to appear on the news...
that sucks... you'd think they'd get the delivery adress right....

coldwave, could you get a cheaper non-wacom tablet?

Well i've talk with some people but non-wacome tablets just make so much trouble. So for now i'm going for wacome but i will get the money somehow user added image....

Lets stop talking about that ... and continue the thread pls

# 68 19-08-2009 , 03:26 PM
Well it's been quite a while and it might be a bit of a disappointment for people who are expecting great things but after a"little pause" and another look at the model without the textures i saw that there was still something not right.
I have made some revisions on his head as you can see below so if any of you spot something than that would be great user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 69 19-08-2009 , 03:53 PM
Looks a lot better!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 70 19-08-2009 , 04:06 PM
Thanks it was a bit of a splinter in my eye, i kept looking at the model and felt that there was something wrong so i pressed the renderbutton over and over again, but your mind plays tricks on you after a while i guess because after a while i didn't see it anymore.
But when i picked it up again yesterday it suddenly became clear what was wrong so i started revisioning his head .
I dropped is jaw a bit to elongue the head a bit

Attached Thumbnails
# 71 19-08-2009 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
looks like there is something wrong with the eyes... not sure how to describe it though

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 72 19-08-2009 , 10:08 PM
I guess you meant the corner of the eyes made him look a bit " oriental right ?
Or do you mean topology wise , then please (try to) explain, i have fiddled with his head some more pulled the corner of his eyes a bit down(little below the iris) and some other things which most of you probably won't see,unless you layed the picture next to a previous render.
There is still a harsh line on his browridge but that i will do away tomorrow when I have some time again

Attached Thumbnails
# 73 21-08-2009 , 09:35 PM
Well spent an hour tweaking the head model a bit.
I did a little render to check up on inconsistencies, model wise i didn't see any major stuff any more although i found that dr jones wass looking crosseyed in my rendered sequence which i found a bit odd since when i look in my topview the geometry of the eyes are perfectly aligned with the grid ????
see image could it be a lens effect or some other optical illusion?

Here is the link to the testround
https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&v=5R2d6lcxhuk

Attached Images
# 74 21-08-2009 , 09:46 PM
Work a bit more on body topology.
Right now the shoulders looks a bit odd and some other stuffs on the chest and arms...

Take some reffs from google...

Nice work so far go till the end with this model pls !
user added image

# 75 27-08-2009 , 11:07 PM

Attached Thumbnails