Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-02-2003 , 01:08 PM
Subscriber

Which one is faster to render?

Hi guys,

I am making a dragon coming out of the ground. I know my computer is slow...so I might render in the university's comps instead with their Maya 4.5 Complete.

Since...they don't support subdivison with the educational version, I was wondering which one is faster to render?

Render an animated dragon from using all polysmooth?

Render with Nurbs?
or
Render from a subdivision model using my slow comp and shitty video card?

Thanks.

# 2 08-02-2003 , 07:16 AM
can you tell use the specs of you comps?
Keep in mind other factors too, the lighting, size,material and polygon counts affects rendering speed too user added image

# 3 08-02-2003 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
the scrap the slow comp idea

i would say go with the polysmooth, i dnt like using nurbs cos they tend to have weird seaming problems

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 09-03-2003 , 11:18 AM
if i'm not mistaken ,more or less they all need the same time because sub-d's are close to smoothed poly's and NURBS will automatically be tesselated when rendered....user added image

# 5 09-03-2003 , 03:57 PM
subd's are also tesselated when they get rendered