Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 03-04-2003 , 08:12 AM
Kevin

winners badges

Hi all

A few people have asked this so:

When you win either the Member Of the month or any competition you win a badge that sits under your name.

Now after that month of winning you winners badge is removed... the MOTM does get a "permanent" badge as this we feel is a great honour to win against so many members.

However the comp winners do not get a permanent one like this..

With so many comps going on all these badges and prices would take over the control panel I have to work with every day and this would not be good.

Hope you all understand user added image

# 2 03-04-2003 , 09:24 AM
Subscriber
Hi Kevin,

it sounds oki doki... but how about have the badges permanent with the winners profile of that's month's competition... user added image

then it wouldn't overflow the board... but it would still be attached to the profile... just an idea... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 3 03-04-2003 , 09:40 AM
Kevin
not sure what you mean mate?

# 4 03-04-2003 , 09:44 AM
Kevin
This is what it already looks like with what we have..

can you image this in a few years LOL

- I may even replace the ex winners with text wins in the future

Ill see how it goes

# 5 03-04-2003 , 09:56 AM
Subscriber
Hi Kevin,

I see what you mean, it could get quite big... user added image

there could then maybe be a link on the profile then, which is named "awards won" (or something like that)... e.g. like a virtual trophy wall... user added image

then if others were interesting in knowning or seeing it, they could then click on the link and see it... then it wouldn't trumble down everytime someone looked in the profile with that much awards as shown above... also a less run on the bandwidth...

but still with the possibility to see which award one have made during time... user added image

however it is just an idea... in the end it is all up to you... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 6 03-04-2003 , 10:00 AM
Kevin
ok - I hear you now starup...

When I return from germany I have a few days work on a new site that I need to finish of for kurt. Then I will design a winners area. From that point all winners will then be added to it with a link to their profile

Hows that?

# 7 03-04-2003 , 05:56 PM
I like the idea of the trophy wall but you would only know about the winners badge if you view there profile, and everyone may not do that, unless a "Awards" button appeared when they have an award?

What about this idea:

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 8 03-04-2003 , 07:39 PM
Kevin
I will have to look into this mate, But its the same as above as the images need to be help somewhere in a database so we can admin it easier... especially with the site getting bigger everyday

# 9 03-04-2003 , 10:59 PM
Subscriber
i think ppl should have a tally chart under their name/avatar indicating how many times theyve been MOTM

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 10 04-04-2003 , 03:15 AM
Subscriber
Kevin, if any awards are won, couldn't there just be a perminet button to link to the trofy part ? Also would the gallery be a good place for the trophys ?

# 11 06-04-2003 , 01:04 AM
Subscriber
kinda tricky, but, could do it, if a winner wins a comp, tell him to host it up on his server or open up a free website and host it there?? i dont think this is possible,, but could try, and "ancientMOTM's" get a text below his avatar or location (in the place of the current badges) that

MOTM: April,

that should do it, if its just costing bandwidth, i think you should probably chose one of the options i have asked you, the first one might be a little cheezy, but an MOTM will be happy enough to sign up for a free web hosting solution for and just put it up there.

i dont know, i am confused,, like my post

anyway,
T