Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 16-09-2013 , 10:37 AM

Where to find Shaders/Materials?

Hey,

So for the past 2 years ive been working on my 3D modelling and texturing at uni.

one thing i need to work on is applying more appropriate materials, for instance at the moment i tend to just put a Lambert or blinn on my models.

what i really want to know is if anyone can recommend anywhere that is great for finding a variety of shaders i can download and start applying to my models. I've done several Google searches which hasn't really produced any decent results. I'm interested in testing out some shaders that would work well with weapons, and vehicles,buildings, characters, and generally just game assets.

Cheers, Dan user added image

# 2 16-09-2013 , 11:55 AM
SM Tea Boy
if you use vray or maxwell you will find tons of pre made materials, mental ray however... you really need to make your own. Learn the mia_material and you'll be fine.

Good luck
David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 16-09-2013 , 12:54 PM
Cheers, i'll look into Vray, a few of my uni mates use that so should be able to get some advice off them

# 4 16-09-2013 , 12:56 PM
SM Tea Boy
Not a bad idea to get some vray under your belt tons of large studios use it user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"