Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 04-02-2005 , 01:34 AM
Subscriber

Body

Ok, about my last thread ignore the part about me modeling the body in nurbs. I couldn't get an acurate shape due to the lack of a nurbs cube being created into 4 different sections. So I just used polys and made the f-holes of course with curves and just painted them black. Maybe when I get better I'll revisit this project, wait scratch that, WHEN I get better I WILL revisit this project. After this I hope to do mark's bass or tom's other guitar, fender strat, which will be alot easier since I actually have one, but other than that heres the pic of the body so far. PLZ give comments.

PS. go to this website for a interactive type picture https://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/si...omDelonge.html

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 04-02-2005 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber
For Bevel Plus to work the curve must be closed. Edit Curve-->open/close curves. You can do the same effect through extrusion, but it take a few more steps.

Nice shape for the body btw.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 18 04-02-2005 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
Thx, mchannon, but I got the headstock to work somehow. I don't really remember how but it looks ok now. Heres a pic of the body textured so far. I also have some of the neck textured but I think I may have to do the whole thing over again. It dosen't have that industrial kick ass look. Its to smooth and curvy.

Attached Thumbnails