Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 31-05-2007 , 11:21 AM

Snowmobile wip

Hey gues its been awhile since i posted anything, I know this board is maya based but ive been working on the intro to xsi 6 kit and thought id show you how its looking so far. All i have left to model is the handle bar. I might put some kind of weapons on it or something. But right now im messing around with txtureing and rendering. tell me what you guys think

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 31-05-2007 , 11:22 AM
heres another shot, this is still in progress just messing around. I thought id try an put in the physical sky, and physical sun shaders in.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 31-05-2007 , 01:57 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I personally don't care witch software one uses, it's the talent behind the software that makes it(i wonder why there's no simplyxsi).
first of all i like the model the only thing that's not right in my opinion are the proportions.
It seems that the frontpart is to small in comparisen to the backpart.
i could be wrong about this, though....

# 4 31-05-2007 , 03:47 PM
i like it - but how do you sit on it - where do you put your feet and also how do you control it?

yeah, it doesn't matter what software that you use - so long as you post your work. I think this sight is planning to merge with the other simply sights anyway.

edit : oops - just read that you intend to add the handle bar.

Last edited by arran; 31-05-2007 at 03:54 PM.
# 5 31-05-2007 , 05:41 PM
thanks guys, well i didnt finish the handle bar yet because for some reason, i still cant figure out the manipulator wasnt facing the way it was in the video. No matter if it was on global or local etc. So i couldnt scale it out and down properly when i had to extrude some faces for the flat circular part on the begiin and end of it. Well i have a seat, but you do bring up a good question there doesnt seem to be a foot rests or anything. In the actual refernce images thats what it looks like. I just never thought of it till you mentioned it haha. Here are the ref pics, if im not suppose to post them then all means mods delte them haha.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 31-05-2007 , 05:42 PM
heres the other one. Agian since if im not suppose to post them which im not sure go ahead and delete them.

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 31-05-2007 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
interesting snowmobile here, looks pretty good soo far ... i reckon after getting the right textures for this, it would look like a beast.

only crit i have is that has been mentioned, the front of the end looks abit to small front the back end... looks abit wierd in my opinion. also it would be good if this snowmobile can do a backflip like the others :p lol