Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 19-03-2008 , 05:05 AM

Just some UV and texture practice....

Just a oldish attempt at getting some nice UV (well sorta to get the rusts right) and texturing down...
user added image
I got lazey and bored so no arms but I got some rigging though user added image
Well I thought realistic but thought "Screw realism this time "user added image So I came up with that and lowered the poly count to 7 K Crap Well I coulda went down much lower but this is a dead project now...

Last edited by jm82792; 19-03-2008 at 05:13 AM.
# 2 19-03-2008 , 08:56 AM
nice textures though. only that i didn't understand the model. wht's with that green stone at it's abdomen? anyways, could be better if u animate it too.
good luck man...

# 3 19-03-2008 , 04:20 PM
I tried doing particles within the stomach or whatever but even if they stay in there due to collision I can't see them so that didn't work.
I was goofing mostly but if I could get a liquid or whatever in there that would have added better looks. That was a just a brief thing I did for fun thats all. I may do a Hollywood type of killer robot or something sometime after my WIP French kitchen(The kitchen is going to be as realistic as possible)

Last edited by jm82792; 19-03-2008 at 04:23 PM.