Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-10-2008 , 10:45 AM

Maya 32 on vista 64

Will the maya 32 version run into any problems on a vista 64 os, I installed last night and kept my fingers crossed it would install, It did. Seems to be ok. But just wanted to know if any of you guys have had any experience with the same dilemma??

Jason

# 2 26-10-2008 , 05:19 PM
Subscriber
well apart from having a slight chance (very slight) of crashing on start up when i maximise the window (most likely due to the graphics card since the error says something about that.... its a ati 4850 or something like that... i dont remember now)

other than that i haven't had any problems... but then i haven't used maya properly since i got my new computer a month and a few weeks ago. it's only been open to check something so i can answer someone's question or to video IK

haven't had a chance to make a fourth model yet....

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 30-10-2008 , 07:58 PM
Subscriber
i doubt you'll have any major problems, though i did encounter some view port problems when i tried it on XP64bit

# 4 31-10-2008 , 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
I don't think it'll have problems installing but I will second what Marlon said, XP 64 support is actually pretty terrible, and yes, I too had endless veiwport issues while using it.

- Genny