Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-06-2009 , 09:14 PM

Transform Question

Is there a transform mode in Maya 7 that lets the user scale one side of the object while leaving the other side unchanged? I'm thinking about something like Photoshop's "Free Transform" tool that allows you to move bounding box nodes independantly from one another. I've looked through the help files but haven't been able to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Glenn

# 2 15-06-2009 , 09:52 PM
EduSciVis-er
I believe you can use a lattice to non-uniformly transform areas of your object. I don't remember the details about the operation unfortunately. If your object is relatively simple, you could just pull out the points, but I don't know exactly what effect you're trying to achieve.

Hopefully that helps a bit, and sorry for not being more specific.

# 3 16-06-2009 , 01:57 AM
Technical Director
Yes, take a look at Lattice, under the deformation panel. That should do what you want. You can add and/or remove divisions in the channel box.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 16-06-2009 , 02:12 PM

Lattice

Thanks Guys,

I knew there had to be a way of doing this. I just didn't know the the tool was called Lattice.

Thanks Again,
Glenn G