Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 46 01-05-2011 , 09:46 AM
Hey all, the name's Tyson and I am currently studying a course at JMC Academy in Brisbane, Australia. Doing a "Bachelor of Creative Technology"... Fancy way of saying digital animation, really.

Pretty new to Maya, only started using it this year, but have been using Cinema 4D for a while. Only ever dabbled in 3D modelling as a hobby and have never really done anything special. If you're interested in seeing some of the stuff I have made, check out my DeviantArt page.

# 47 01-05-2011 , 11:13 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
"....I am French 31 years old made a formation last.... "

God you guys really take on everything and everyone on this forum, don't you....I mean Aussies, Schotsmen...fine I can live with that.....but the french come on, you really go substandard on this one ..only joking of course user added image.

But since we are talking about substandard, how about accepting someone from the netherlands user added image.
Well I am Martin I am 30 years old ( sigh)and as mentioned before I am dutch, I used to be a carpenter...no not the craftsman kind who builds really delicate cabinets and stuff, no I was( and for a large part still am) the beer drinking, cursing, shouting at the ladies kind of carpenter...like a hobbit with a misdemeanor user added image.
I did that up until about when I reached my mid 20's and decided to take a step towards the thing I liked to do which is 3D and started working at a software reseller ( which sells software like Maya/Nuke/Flame and so on to the dutch VFX industry), needless to say I am still waiting for Mr Muren from ILM or mr Lasseter from PIXAR to personally invite me to work at their respective companies for a measely 400 K a year...which for some odd reason still hasn't happened ...don't they know I am the best?...LOL.
For the past couple of months I am really pushing my skills as a character artist and am working on assets and workflows to put in a little thing called a showreel...

I can be found on this forum on a regular basis trying to act smarter than I really am basically LOL.

# 48 01-05-2011 , 11:20 AM
Lifetime Member
Bahahahaha this wouldnt be a crass and overly good site without a sprinkling of Aussie mastone...WE make the world a funnnier place to live in remember..as we are still so close to our savage souls....mmwwaahahahaha

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 49 01-05-2011 , 11:52 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

Bahahahaha this wouldnt be a crass and overly good site without a sprinkling of Aussie mastone...WE make the world a funnnier place to live in remember..as we are still so close to our savage souls....mmwwaahahahaha

Sure you can call an island filled to the brim with offspring of convicts funny.......LOL

# 50 01-05-2011 , 09:43 PM
Subscriber

Sure you can call an island filled to the brim with offspring of convicts funny.......LOL

burn!

i wonder why i never saw this thread until now...

guess i should introduce myself too.

i'm Hayden, a 24 year old born and raised in middle earth and the land where there are more literal sheep than people.

i started off with flash and swift 3d and tried maya once but got totally confuzzled, then i tried it again many years later and found the help files and 2 months after that i made my first model without a tutorial. it was a blaze zaku phantom gundam thingy from gundam seed destiny. it was/is awesome. and then i discovered this place and video tutorials.

i'm a software developer and have been for the past 3 years on a mac, and before then training to be one for 4 years.
one would question why i'm even here in that case...

aside from google and hotmail this is my most visited site...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 51 01-05-2011 , 11:00 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL....yeh I can mastone bahahaha yes I can...we arent all convict bred my friend...LOL...

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 52 25-06-2011 , 11:02 PM
Texan
Hi I'm from Texas and proud of it.
I'm 16 and really like making 3D images.
I started out with Google sketch-up and am new to Maya
and just downloaded it.

Yall seem like nice people.user added image

# 53 25-06-2011 , 11:57 PM
The Nurb Herd
hello welcome,
i'm a big george strait fan. user added image

# 54 26-06-2011 , 10:28 PM
Texan
I love country music.

it's easier to relate to because I kind of live what
they sing about.(sometimes)

# 55 12-07-2011 , 12:18 AM
Hi,

I'm a freelance artist, -just had a blast doing the latest challenge, 'Favorite Toy.'
<--- <pointing at Avatar pic> Thats my goofy face over there :-D .
Looking forward to joining in!

# 56 12-07-2011 , 02:31 AM
Lifetime Member
Bahaahahah you aint goofy Josho...welcome

bullet1968

# 57 12-07-2011 , 10:23 AM
Hi I am Working As a 3d Modeler in a small Division. I am a Hard Surface Modeler. I ve been Working in Maya For Over 4 Years. Thanks To Mr.Kari Brown From Simply Maya. His Tutorial Was A Start For When I Began In Maya 8.5.

And Thanks To My SimplyMaya Friends and Members..................user added image

# 58 30-07-2011 , 08:21 PM
Carbon Studios CEO
Hello Everyone, I am the CEO of Storm Enterprises & the Project Lead of World of Eden Online.

Thanks for your time.

# 59 30-07-2011 , 09:38 PM
The Nurb Herd
storm enterprises, that sounds like its from an action move user added image

# 60 31-07-2011 , 12:02 AM
Carbon Studios CEO
Not exactly user added image