Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 61 31-07-2011 , 01:31 AM
Lifetime Member
Still sounds like a cool name Dragon LOL

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 62 01-08-2011 , 02:06 AM
Carbon Studios CEO
Thank You for the compliment.

# 63 01-08-2011 , 06:05 AM
I want to have a cool nickname...something like DobsBOOMER or FlexCRUSH! Is it to late to change?

anyway welcome aboard my friend.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 64 01-08-2011 , 06:09 AM
Subscriber
they sound quite random. is there reasoning behind those names?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 65 01-08-2011 , 03:36 PM
no just being funny.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 66 01-08-2011 , 08:47 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi There,

Thanks for your warm welcome to new user like me.
My name is Regis, and I'm studying VFX in a french school so Maya is a must for me to know (well I try).

Cheers
Regis

# 67 01-08-2011 , 08:56 PM
The Nurb Herd
hey there, i work with a few French people. they are all awesome at 3d... no pressure. user added image

# 68 03-08-2011 , 04:53 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi honestdom,
Well noted, thank you very much. Hope to be as good as you one day ;o)

# 69 07-08-2011 , 10:32 PM
Carbon Studios CEO

# 70 12-08-2011 , 11:58 AM
Hi all,

I'm 39 and i'm from Romania. I worked for 3 years with 3ds Max and then i took a break.
Now i want to take it from the start with Maya but this time i want to reach a level that would allow me to work as a freelancer in this field.
Now i'm trying to find what is best for me, animation-rigger or modeling.
Do you think it will be possible to rich this goal at my age?
Any suggestion is welcome.

# 71 12-08-2011 , 12:16 PM
Lifetime Member
Welcome mate...Im 43...and unless you are dead....nothing is impossible....the horizon was created to tell the difference between ground and sky...imagination and hard work have no such boundaries. Its all up to you

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 72 20-08-2011 , 09:11 PM
Carbon Studios CEO
bullet1968 has joined our project for static modeling and architecture, and now we only need a character modeler/animator to start serious production. I have a recruitment post in this forum where people can find more info. If anyone wants more info then what is in the recruitment post, they can Skype call me and I will do a Screen Space share and show what I can. I really want to make my project succeed and I know that there is more then enough talented people on this community for us to be able to find what we need to make a superb mmorpg. Also, Welcome to anyone new who has joined the community and we all welcome you guys with open arms. Fortune Favors the Strong.

# 73 02-09-2011 , 03:57 AM
Subscriber
Just saying a quick "hello"- I have been interested in 3D for years (have a very good friend who is has been a beta tester for 3DSMAX for as long as I can remember), and after dabbling with various demos and the like, I picked up C4D last year. Logged a few hundred hours in that, and decided a couple months ago to dive in and see how far I could take it. Just finishing up a 4 week "prep course" in Maya over at 3DTI, and will probably take a break after that and spend some time here going through some of the great looking tutorials available. (the apache helicopter has me QUITE intrigued...).

Seems like a great support forum- looking forward to seeing everyone around!

(as far as the "about me" goes, I am a full time musician, so it actually affords me a LOT of time to work on my 3D passion, as my schedule generally only has me out on Fri- Sun. Mon- Thurs are "Maya Days" user added image )

# 74 15-10-2011 , 09:58 PM
Hello all just noticed this thread and thought I would come introduce myself.
The name is Lee as you can see and I have been modelling for around 3 years, where before that I was a project manager and engineer for around 16 years in the telecomunications industry. I spent 4 years dreaming about changing careers and eventually I just decided to do so(luckily with the backing of the wife). So I spent 2 years at University and pretty much learnt very little, so during my own time I decided to train myself and do untold amount of tutorials.
I still had 2 years left but decided to drop out due to a new job and the fact I felt I could learn a lot more in my current role.
So now with my old job in the past and uni out of the way, I work from home in a job I absolutely love for a Indie games company called Forsaken Studios. Where I have the pleasure of being the Art Director and leading an art team of around 30 talented people in all areas of the industrys pipeline.

Within the next year I am looking to move the family to Texas where our office will be based, its a big move moving away from the UK but thankfully the misses is up for it and so am I.
So anyway thats me and I look forward to getting to know a few of you.

Thanks

Lee Perkins
Forsaken Studios
Art Director

www.embersofcaerus.com - www.forsakenstudios.com
# 75 16-10-2011 , 12:59 AM
Welcome aboard. Where a bouts in Texas? I used to live in Dallas for a while. It is one of my favorite cities.