Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-10-2014 , 07:58 PM

Starting with UVs - black hole in texture

Hello,

I've just started learning UVs and texturing. I have an object, I created UVs for it (mostly automatically) and then paint something on it in photoshop - just for test.

Problem is that there are black holes in the model after I apply the texture - I can see through it. But the holes are moving as I am rotating the camera.

I really don't know how to explain it so here is a gallery that should speak for itself.
https://postimg.org/gallery/8law4orq/

I don't have any idea where the problem could be...

Thank you for your answers!

# 2 15-10-2014 , 09:51 PM
The thin red line
Try deleting history and freeze transformation..................dave

# 3 16-10-2014 , 05:33 AM
No change. But I noticed that I'm getting this warning:
Code:
 Warning: Cycle on 'polyTweakUV4.output' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)
So the problem is probably the UVs not in the model, but I still don't know how to fix it...

# 4 16-10-2014 , 08:24 PM
OK, I've deleted the material, created it again and now it works. Thank you for your help!