Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-01-2015 , 09:48 PM

How to remove surface shader?

Hi! So I'm very much new to the whole Maya scene, and I've a problem. I'm using a file which has a surface shader so that the object can be rendered without lighting. How do I remove that and apply materials that react to lighting as a default lambert would? I tried reapplying the material various times, and I tried going into the graph network of the shading groups (in the Hypershade), but I'm still just as lost. Anyone know how to do this?

# 2 06-01-2015 , 10:00 PM
EduSciVis-er
You should be able to simply select your object and apply a new material. Do you have any render layers? That will make things more complex if the surface shader is applied on different render layers.

# 3 06-01-2015 , 11:06 PM