Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-03-2011 , 05:36 AM
Subscriber

how would you create a 2d animated texture?

i have a character where the eyes are just flat on the surface.
i want to animated these eyes but i don't know how and still have it flat.
i thought that i could use the whole animated texture thing but i don't know how to create a 2d animation

i thought to use flash as that's where i've done simple 2d animations before but it doesn't output anything useful... unless i just skipped that part and totally missed it...

i thought maybe i could do it in maya and just animate clusters of CVs in NURBS spheres to do the eyes...

any suggestions?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 01-03-2011 , 07:39 AM
Lifetime Member
can you show us a pic chirone?

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 01-03-2011 , 07:57 AM
Subscriber
I dunno... maybe my solution of using maya will work after all..

I ended up making some NURBS spheres and squashing them to almost disk-like objects
then I just made clusters out of the cvs and parent constrained them to some larger curves.

attached is my maya solution to this issue and an example of the eyes rendered angry

Attached Thumbnails

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX

Last edited by Chirone; 01-03-2011 at 07:59 AM.
# 4 01-03-2011 , 08:18 AM
Lifetime Member
hhhmmmmmmmm I see what you mean....can you make blockouts?? does that work in Maya? if you know what I mean? I meant like shadow puppets BTW....

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 01-03-2011 , 08:31 AM
Subscriber
not sure what you mean by blockouts
i'm quite happy about this rig i made... it seems like it'll fulfil my requirements quite nicely...
yay NURBS and clusters!