Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 27-01-2004 , 10:31 AM

Bumpmapping a character

I'm looking to make my character's skin look more realistic by adding some faults to it via a bump map. The only problem is I don't know how to make this type of map.
Does anyone have any tips or bump map examples for characters?
Plus I like to make his eyebrows, look like their not just painted on.... could the bump map achieve this as well? I don't want to use fur.

# 2 27-01-2004 , 01:25 PM
Subscriber
PFX is good for eyebrows. the bump can aid a little with the eyebrows. but it looks worse than pfx dose for sure.

you can make your bump buy just having a nutral gray background. RGB 128,128,128. make anything you wan to stand out lighter gray and anything you want to sink in like wrinkels, a darker gray. Takes some playing to get use to it. Also a good idea to examine other bump maps when you come arcrost them.

# 3 27-01-2004 , 01:54 PM
Thanks Pony, I'm going to do a search for sample bump maps. I understand the theory, used to do a lot of 3d graphics programming, it's just the artistic use of them that I have to grasp.

Is paint FX the same as 3d paint? Can I use it to add detail to and existing texture?