Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-05-2004 , 07:27 PM

exporting to an obj

Hello again, two new questions for everyone.

the first is how can I export a file, with textures and particles to an obj file.

second, is there anyway to convert sprites into polygons? somone told me this is possible in max so i assume i could do this in maya but just cant find it.

Thanks again

# 2 11-05-2004 , 08:34 AM
an obj file will take texture co-ordinates but not a texture. An obj is basically a text file full of numbers that represent the polygon model. So you can't do particles or textures.

As for the other question I dont know.

What are you trying to achieve?

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 11-05-2004 , 05:43 PM
I need to get a file from Maya into 3ds max but i need to keep c
certain things like pixel shading and things intact and the guy wants them done in obj file format.

But i was able to find an answer to one my questions. In the plugin manager their is a section where u can turn on objExport.mll that allows maya to export obj files.