Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-10-2004 , 08:37 PM

Bumpmap Shadows misaligning.

For some reason -- the mastercheif's visor bumpmap doesn't display correctly.

user added image

As visible in the picture, the shadow changes over half-way through the mesh. As for the actual texture itself, the co-ordinates for some reason is set to be shifted 50% to the right of where it should be.. so the middle where the sides wrap around. I don't know WHY its mapped like that -- but it is. Any way to get the two sides to align with each other's shadows?

# 2 03-10-2004 , 12:50 AM
Subscriber
Looks like the normals are reversed on that side. OR your UV map is only one sided posibly. it looks like its lining up to me, jus tthat it thinks the bump is going the other direction. It thinks there is a grove there when you want a bump.

# 3 03-10-2004 , 10:30 PM
Okay -- made all the normals flip the same way, now I'm getting pixellation around the edges of the bumpmap

user added image

any clues? Would increasing the size of the texture help? Though I believe its already 500x500.