Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-05-2006 , 11:43 AM

cylinder union

I am making a sword in maya, therefor I am making use of cylinders. I try and I try, yet still, the two cylinders dissapear when I try to union them. While it works whit spheres and cubes and all of that.
Can somebody help me with that?

Thanks

# 2 24-05-2006 , 02:08 PM
I would need to see a picture of what you are trying to accomplish...I union'd two cylinders yesterday and it worked fine for me.

# 3 25-05-2006 , 08:27 AM
I've put the cylinders INto eachother because when I put them very close to eachother it doesn't work either.
user added image

Its made in seconds so don't expect much of it...

# 4 25-05-2006 , 12:35 PM
Okay well in order for a Boolean to work the two polygons have to be touching (intersecting). Otherwise the union will just not work, or difference for that matter.

Are you trying to get the blade and hilt to union? or the handle and hilt?

# 5 26-05-2006 , 08:03 AM
with the selection shown it looks like the blade and the hilt...

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 26-05-2006 , 08:49 AM
yeah, blade and hilt