Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-07-2006 , 11:48 PM

7.0.1 menus changed

I would like to start out to say hi im new to maya and i stumbled upon this fourm/ video training so heres the problem...

i'm trying out the dragon head Part 0 to see if i like these videos and so far i do but where im getting stuck at is a weird thing as in part of the menu is no longer the same as 6.5

about 30seconds in to the video it goes over adding texture but first they say right click and do create but option is saying create maya node not create maya matrial and i cant figure out where to find the right option.

please help!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-07-2006 , 12:37 AM
umm.... the picture didnt load all the way...

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 06-07-2006 , 06:13 AM
well i fixed the problem the drgonhead video didnt say hit 6 after you drag the image so it shows up... so now it works

i dont know if this makes a diffrence but..
also it said "create polygon plane" not "creat node plane"

these 2 small facts of got from the dog video it seems even though the options have changed the idea stays the same.