View Poll Results: other hobbies??
Sport 2 25.00%
Music 6 75.00%
Traveling 0 0%
Writing 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-12-2006 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber

other hobbies????

Hi all

i am spending much time to learn 3D and modeling. But i have some other hobbies too.

What are your hobbies? Only 3D?? Animation? Maybe music, like me?

I'm a musician since 2003, but i am no professional. I decided in 2003 to make my own music. Without any education. i'm a autodidact. In 3d and in music too.

Here are some new songs i've made in 2006

https://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/0...&content=music

Galadiel

# 2 14-12-2006 , 10:54 PM
hey galadiel - had a quick listen - it sounds pretty good. I'm listening to The Knife right now and it kind of reminds me a little of that. Not sure about the titles though. user added image

what software did you use?

# 3 14-12-2006 , 11:15 PM
Acid44
wow thats pretty cool

me im a dj I've done a few raves but i haven't done any clubs yet

i like your musics style:bow: :bow:

:edit: just listened more THATS F**KIN AWSOME:bow:

# 4 15-12-2006 , 07:38 AM
Yeah galadiel, sounds good. What do you use to compose with?

Me, I also do music. I'm more into Hip Hop and R&B though. I also do graffiti, DJ, airbrushing, and work on cars.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 5 15-12-2006 , 08:53 AM
Subscriber
WOW! you can really make some music, i really love the first one "silent hill"...

as for my hobbies, some of my hobbies are basketball as i play for a league in melbourne and also do martial arts and love music, since ived been in a couple bands for fun as a drummer user added image

rock on! user added image user added image

# 6 15-12-2006 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
wow, we have more musicians here. That's cool.

Thank you for your replies.

@Dave_baer: your airbrush work is f***ing awesome! Wooooooohoooooooo user added image love the skull on you biz card. *freaky*

@marlonjohn: are you playing as a pro in this league? Or is it more a hobby? You could show some martial arts? :blush:

@acid44: hey, raves are cool! Here in Germany we had the best raves in the '90s with Westbam, Marusha and other good dj's.

@Arran: thx for listening user added image I started to build my little studio in 2003 with a good and fast pc, good monitors called Samson Resolv 65a, RME Fireface 400 - firewire audio system -, Steinberg Cubase SX 3, Spectrasonics STylus RMX, EWQL Gold Orchestra, Rob Papens Blue und Albino 3, reFX Vanguard, Halion 3 and some more good virtual Instruments.

Galadiel

# 7 15-12-2006 , 05:18 PM
thanks for the info galadiel. user added image

# 8 15-12-2006 , 05:36 PM
Yeah, the Resolves are nice. I have the 80a's. Sweet sounding monitors. I'm using REASON for the music and I track vocals in Cubase. I run the whole thing through my PC using an ASR10 for MIDI control.

Hey Galadiel, ever have DJ CRAZE at any of those raves? He's a good friend of mine. That is one sick DJ!

Dave Baer
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 9 15-12-2006 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber
wow the 80a's :attn: the samsons are sounding really good and clear - 1 to 1. I'm very happy to have them.

I have Reason 3 too. Use it to make some freaky loop things to become new ideas for a song. The Dr. Rex is very good for such things.

After that i make the real work in Cubase.

Didn't hear about DJ Craze yet. Googeled for him. Nice website!!!! hehe, i love sick DJ's and musicians. They give me good inspirations.

For Midi control i have the M-Audio Radium 49. But i'll switch to the axiom 61 next time.

Galadiel

Last edited by Galadiel; 15-12-2006 at 06:18 PM.
# 10 15-12-2006 , 09:07 PM
Nice. Next up for me is a full Pro Tools HD system. Can't wait! user added image

Dave Baer
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 11 15-12-2006 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
Cool!!! Sounds good.

Next for me is to switch from pc to mac! :attn:

Macbook pro 2.33 and a 24 imac user added image

# 12 16-12-2006 , 10:51 AM
Subscriber
"are you playing as a pro in this league? Or is it more a hobby? You could show some martial arts?"

hey again, yeah im playing as a pro in this league(reap). when im over the age of 18 i can get drafted from american NBA Coachs but i decide not to do that since i want to concentrate more on my studies and animation. haha id love you show some of my martial art skills some time to you :p

marlon user added image