Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-02-2008 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber

Basic Rigging Question

I am using the human IK sample that comes with Maya 8 for my hockey goalie model. One of the things I need to work on next is moving the model around into different positions. One item is when the goalie drops to the ice. I am able to move the IK model around but I also have to move the whole model down.

What I have done is taken the IK and the skeleton and grouped them together. That way I can key frame the group to move the whole model up and down. One problem I am having is that some of the IK handles are also responding to that motion, which is something I don't want to have happen.

Any ideas? What is the best way to handle moving the IK'd model around the world along with moving the arms and legs?