Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 26-01-2003 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber
why no replies... anyway,, here is the latest render, i may change the grass and the sky.... but the trees are comin up...
and surely i am going to change the "water"... if you move a bit away from the screen and look the render... it looks freakingly amazing(to meuser added image).... suggestions??

# 32 26-01-2003 , 01:48 PM
Subscriber
That big dome has a cool specular on it!

And the four towers looks good and detailed. Can you sneak inn more details? I don't know if there is "supposed" to be more elements, so I'd show more of the floor. Right now there is much emphasis on the lawn in front. user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 33 26-01-2003 , 01:54 PM
Subscriber
i only have one reference image of the front view... ok... wil try to put in more details... the door and all that... btw, do you know of a good water shader... i need still water not the like the one i have right now:

# 34 26-01-2003 , 02:04 PM
Subscriber
I'm thinking you may need more than a shader to bring life to the small pool. Unless the water (seeing the water surface) turnes out to be opaque. If it is transparent, then you could model the bottom of the pool, and maybe add real or fake caustics. But I'd go look for some photos for inspiration, nature is a wonderful thing.

And some small people near the building would give some greatness to this, which is of a conciderable size in relation to the human body.

# 35 26-01-2003 , 02:52 PM
Subscriber
ok... you are trying to say something..... what is it thats bad about the model....except the water...???

# 36 27-01-2003 , 09:20 AM
Subscriber
I like the first picture ( with reflection ) the second it's with to much noise...
I think that the reflection gives some cool efect to the scene user added image

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 37 27-01-2003 , 11:51 AM
jep, the first one is better.... and look on the shadow on the background! it makes it look unreal!

# 38 27-01-2003 , 04:20 PM
Subscriber
i did notice the shadow too... i will change that... but what about the rest of the scene... i will make the taj mahal a bit whiter and brighter which it is supposed to be according my my mom... updates comin' up.....!!!

thanks for the feedback..
Tariq

# 39 27-01-2003 , 05:40 PM
Subscriber
changed the water... what do you think now???

# 40 27-01-2003 , 06:32 PM
I really like the water and grass! Great Job!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 41 27-01-2003 , 06:37 PM
Subscriber
looking good - i wonder what it would look like if the global scale of the grass came down by half or so...

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 42 27-01-2003 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
confirmed... even i was thinking about it.... thanx alot brian and ereitz!!!!

# 43 27-01-2003 , 08:28 PM
Not sure what the scale of the grass is supposed to look like, so I will just say, that if you took out your building and put a regular house there it would look like the front lawn. Hope that gives you a sense of scale, not sure if it is supposed to be a big lawn or not. If so, you may want to decrease the scale a tad as ereitz has said. thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 44 27-01-2003 , 09:48 PM
Subscriber
How about a transparancy map that makes the middle of the pool opaque and slightly transparent at the sides (so you can see through the water and see the structure on the side of the pool.

tariqrf: No, no I didn't try to say anything, beside the things mentioned.

The last water surface is fascinating, but how aobut a middle way between the last two solutions, regarding the pool?

Another thing, is there supposed to be any stairs leading up, from the pool to the building? The plateau seems a little inaccessable with no stairs around.

Oh, and a last thing, when raising the camera and showing more of the background, how about making a background pic with some landscape, that would be really nice, and give the picture even some more depth I think.

Btw, those shiny domes looks fantastic!

# 45 28-01-2003 , 07:15 AM
hey! the last water is absolutely cool!

and i think undseth is right about the background! with this one, it looks like your taj mahal is on the top of a very high mountain so that it's on the same hight with the clouds... a background with a little ground on it would be great!