Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 19-12-2003 , 10:54 AM

Vehicle: Mazda Concept Kusabi

Posted this in another forum, but no responses. I thought i would post here for specific maya responses. =D

anyways it was a school project. To make something look old. so i modeled a concept vehicle and then made the textures in photoshop. I tried to make it look old and rusty. tell me what impression you get and what you guys think i can do to improve. It was a little fun painting textures in PS, but hella lotta work.

and crits are always welcome!

user added image

user added image

edit: the glass shader is a little weird because i had no interior and i didn't want the inside showing. any other way to go about this? thanks

# 2 19-12-2003 , 04:05 PM

Cool- Car

Cool man user added image

I whish i could make something like that.

I am now bussy with a bee user added image maybe you can help me later with textures.

School project:
What did you get for it a - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

I don't know your schools pointing system.

# 3 19-12-2003 , 05:57 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, this looks cool. The paintjob is very rusty. The crack-patterns on the glass looks a bit weird, but nice. The wheelarch looks very sharp, you could smooth those hard edges some. I don't think rubber ever turns red by just aging, more bleeched and cracked, but not completely red (unless you paint it). The rims are very good, but again, they would probably not be so red unless they were painted.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 4 27-12-2003 , 11:53 AM
Interesting looking car...but looks very nice and original. I like the texture work! Nice work!

-------------------------------------------