Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 04-05-2012 , 08:59 PM
Lifetime Member

maya application file has stopped working

I just got a trial of Maya 2013 and I have been able to register and activate it but everytime I try to launch the program I get this error:

maya application file has stopped working
windows is bla bla bla finding a solution.... gives me three log files.

anyways I believe it has something to do with the windows environment variables as I already tried deleting my old preferences and the maya folder completely.

When I was attempting to launch 13 I was getting a the 2011 splash screen but on the bottom it says launching maya 2013. I was able to fix the splash screen to the 2013 by changing my environment variable:

MAYA_LOCATION: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2011

To:
MAYA_LOCATION: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2013

However I still am getting the error after doing this. Also changing this caused my 2011 to start giving me a license not found error but changing it back resolves that problem.

I have checked to make sure that I have the most recent dbghelp.dll and that it is in the new 2013 folder. I also made sure that I don't have any Python type Variables specified

So I guess my question is does anyone know if first off you can have two different versions of Maya Installed or if there is some other Environment Variable that I need to add?

Thanks in advanced

- Jake
# 2 04-05-2012 , 09:11 PM
EduSciVis-er
I think when I had the problem, the solution was to get rid of any maya env vars altogether. Make sure you note everything you change down though, I'm not responsible for you deleting something important user added image

# 3 04-05-2012 , 10:02 PM
Lifetime Member
Hmm nope that didn't solve the problem however it also didn't give me a missing serial error either. Go figure...

- Jake