Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-08-2004 , 03:12 PM

multi Radius

Hey all,

I'm using MultiPoint Particles, and I'd like to animate the multi-radius as they age. The problem is, I cannot figure out how to create a MultiRadiusPP. It doesn't exist natively, and when I create it, and try and attach the MultiRadiusPP to the MultiRadius, it doesn't work. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

# 2 23-08-2004 , 05:17 PM
I think that's not possible. multiRadius is a per object attribute only.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 27-08-2004 , 01:28 PM
I was trying to acheive the same effect but to no avail. The work around that I've thought of would be to have the particles emit another set of particles as they die. So as say one particle was about to die it would basiclay break apart into say three particles.

However, I don't know much about scripting, so if anyone understands what I have in mind and know how to go about getting it to work, the help would be great.

Cheers,

TI