Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-11-2004 , 03:10 PM

Importing model with textures

Hi

I have 2 separate Maya model files. I want to import them into another Maya file and retain their textures.

I tried to import the model files - I checked all the import option boxes - but when each model appeared in the target file the models had no textures. All the relevent textures, ramp info etc is in the hypershade.

The only difference is that the imported models' elements have the models' original file name as a prefix e.g:

was: bodyBit01
now: jet_textured: bodyBit01

I spent a lot of time getting my models textured how I want them and don't fancy the idea of having to do it all over again.

I made sure that texture and bump map image files were referenced correctly, but still no joy. I assumed all the ramp references would remain intact also.

I need some assistance to stop me crying in my coffee.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mr ChuckedMyTeddyInTheCorner!

"I admire the Pope. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can tour without an album."
Rita Rudner.

Last edited by NutBar; 05-11-2004 at 04:49 PM.
# 2 05-11-2004 , 03:30 PM
Hi

I 'solved' the problem. Although there was no problem at all - apart from me.

After I imported a model it showed up as unshaded. I just pressed 4, 5 then 6 and surprise, surprise the texture appeared!

Doh!

I hang my head in shame and embarrassment while everyone laughs mockingly user added image

Mr Donkey

"I admire the Pope. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can tour without an album."
Rita Rudner.
# 3 05-11-2004 , 03:45 PM
The Maya Mountain
Glad you figured it out. user added image