Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-09-2005 , 10:42 AM

Image plane problem

i am new to maya and i'm experiencing this problem right now:

after importing the image planes, whenever i use the front and side views, i have two problems:

1. I can't see the x and y axis lines. They're covered by the image planes. I'll show you the picture.

user added image

2. It becomes very slow. Unlike the one in perspective view. I tried to use Windows > Hypershade, and it doesn't help either. Any help here?

Oh. And I'm using ATI Radeon 9600 Xtreme.

Any help would be much appreciated user added image

# 2 17-09-2005 , 02:23 PM
oh I figured that the image has to have the white parts deleted before it can really be used. my bad. but I still do not understand why my computer becomes so slow at working in front view or side views, etc. besides the perspective view.

# 3 19-09-2005 , 05:44 AM
Sorry. The one that worked was the one given by the support file. How am I supposed to prepare the image planes that will allow the working grid to be visible?

# 4 19-09-2005 , 07:28 AM
In your viewport go to shading -> x-ray (or shading -> shade options -> x-ray) to give a semi see-through look. You should then be able to see the grid.
I'm sure there are better ways but I do it that way at present.

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net