Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-04-2007 , 06:02 PM
Subscriber

3-D schools

Dos anyone know any good schools in Europe that teach Maya and is it hard to get in to those schools? I´m just wondering because I might try to go to one of these schools in a not to distant future and I want to know what i´m up against

# 2 15-04-2007 , 05:25 PM
Subscriber
If you wanna join only for maya, why not choose a simpler and cheaper option?

You may wanna spend not more than 1000$ and get the basics of maya, see if u like it then u may go in for a longer course.

Now you can opt for an online program, with seminar style conferencing. Its live and whats more the instructor can not only see what ure doin but also, do it for u on your computer in maya, real time.

Try not to spend lotsa money cos finally its not the school or certificate but a solid demoreel thats gonna get u a job.

Wish you the best

NJ

# 3 16-04-2007 , 03:21 AM
Which one might that be?

# 4 16-04-2007 , 03:23 AM
I've found that Gnomon's DVDs, as well as Simply Maya's tutorials, have taught me the same things as my school did, but at a vastly reduced cost.

# 5 16-04-2007 , 03:31 AM
hey that may be true, severinianthony, but you can't get student loans (or the experience of attending college mmmm) just to purchase a few learning dvds...

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 16-04-2007 , 05:23 AM
Subscriber
Well, which online school is a choice to make. Just google u'll find plenty. Their location dont matter, as long as they're online and have humans teach (instead of bots or recorded videos)

Dvds are really inexpensive and the makers most of the times are industry pros.However, with dvds, u cannot really ask queries, just watch em all over again.SO, it would be great if one has some basic level of working knowledge of the software, then dvds are super.(This is just my humble opinion)

Initially when ure starting out you'd rather learn from a human and u're sure that u're following along.
The trick is that even online programs shouldnt be expensive. They should cost you under $1000, so you'd get a good foundation and then once u're comfortable, u'd wanna dive in deeper.
I've known people who've spent lot of money and time going to schools, and still having average knowledge, or sometimes even lower than average.
I dont wanna be pro some school but yeah, research online 3d schools, and do a short 1 or 2 month program. You wanna learn faster and spend lesser (u're gonna spend a lot making, editing, making dvd copies, mailing etc for your demoreel later).

Oh yea, make sure your course, has some kinda goal, final scene that u're gonna create. Not just the tools and commands.
Make sure your school/instructor has that set for you.
That way, although a basic one, but you do have a demoreel right away, boosting your confidence, and learning the way real life industry works.

Hope this helps.