Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 03-10-2004 , 05:31 PM
Subscriber

maya live ...just thinking

Hello ! i'm new to this site and yeah i like it :bandit:
i'm thinking about composing...

when i saw jurassic park i realised it would be too much work
to look for every tree and grass and so on...

cause some times the t-rex for example must be behind a tree
(my first composing video seamed to be complicated enough
because every objekt which is in front of the animated (maya) objekt must be remoddeled and set in front of it..) so i thought about the t-rex which stands behind the tree user added image
and the thousand of grasses which should be moddeled to put it in front of it ..... (of course with the background texture...)

is there an easiear way to handle with such a scene in an area with grass or trees ....user added image

thanks for reading

tino

# 2 04-10-2004 , 09:04 AM
yep it's called rotoscoping. You dont need to model the animted objects your just need to create an animated map or alpha channel for your cg stuff to sit behind. unfortunatley there is no way around this and it's a tedious boring job... but it's got to be done.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 04-10-2004 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber

ok...

but if there is a full movie through a wood area its like
self suicide to do such a alpha map user added image

but thanks for answering... user added image

has anyone of you got a tutorial on how to do that for an moving camera scene ? because i can't imagen that ...user added image

must not be a complett tutorial or very detailed one just
for the understanding..user added image

# 4 04-10-2004 , 02:40 PM
that's unfortunatley the nature of the work you are doing. People are employed here purely to do it. What you have to do is use something like shake or after effects to do the map using animated splines to create the moving alpha.

Sorry dude user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 04-10-2004 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber

ok but ...

ok i got it user added image
but i'm new to after effects (i know a litte about the programm but its still enough to make a good movie .....:p )

the only thing i like to know how to do it in after effects user added image
sooo pleeeeassseee tell me how or better give me a crash course with a tutorial on how to do that thanks :bandit:

# 6 04-10-2004 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber

Re: ok but ...

Originally posted by tinokl
sooo pleeeeassseee tell me how or better give me a crash course with a tutorial on how to do that thanks :bandit:

https://www.adobe.com There are plenty of tutorials on their products. Very easy and complete. Hope this helps.

t3

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.