Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-04-2005 , 04:31 AM

Weird Poly-Proxy

i made face in Nurbs, then change to poly to attach, then changed to Sub-d using poly-proxy to sculpt.

i refined nostrils and lips, then gave detail.

now.. when i try going to poly-proxy mode.. it messes up that upper lip! everything else is ok though..

i deleted all history, but i can't get it to be normal again for me to use poly-proxy mode again. When i change to polygon.. it looks alright though...

would any one teach me how to fix this? or at least teach me what is causing this? Thank you.

user added image
user added image

# 2 09-04-2005 , 04:35 AM
omg... i found a way to fix this... after all the messing around in Maya... i gave up.. turned off the comp...

came back and reloaded file.. it works normal..

so.. yeah.. i dont know what was wrong, but i guess it wasn't my fault, but my STUPID computers fault.

# 3 09-04-2005 , 05:35 AM
Subscriber
woah... that's was shock. I had to scroll to see the problem and I was expecting faces out of whack or some other minor looking fault. imagine my surprise as I scrolled down to a pinnochio lipped image.

Anyway, glad it straighten out for you.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."