Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-02-2007 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber

Shading network question...

I'm trying to make a shading network for a character....

At the moment, I've made a bump node that's connected to a lambert. The lambert is has a colour assigned to it (blue)

I want to make an attribute that's on a character's control curve - and when I change the value on the control curve, the colour changes to one I pre-defined.

My question is how can I make the colour change to three different options?

I want to use the blue's HSV values and have two other options for colour.

Any ideas?

Thanks

James

# 2 13-02-2007 , 12:22 PM
Subscriber
Hello James,

I'm not too sure I understand your needs correctly but you can certainly use Set Driven Keys to control and animate colour through a 'Controller' curve.

In a nutshell, make a new attribute on the controller curve and set it to control the R,G and B values of the shader on your object. If you set it so that the max and min values are 1 and -1 respectively then you can have each whole value on the attribute equaling a colour. For instance -1 could = red, 0 could = green and 1 could = blue.

Hope that makes sense,

Mat.

# 3 13-02-2007 , 12:39 PM
Subscriber
actually, that'll work nicely...

Thanks for the quick reply!!

James