Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 11-06-2007 , 07:20 AM

How was this made with maya?

hi everyone. do you know how was this cloud made with maya? can you animate this cloud? look at the image. model and render.

if you know something please say something. I'm really interested in this cloud ,

Attached Thumbnails

:bow:
# 2 11-06-2007 , 07:29 AM
It kind of looks like a fluids cloud, but its not as theres the geo there,

I might have a guess that its been imported from something like Vue as theres some serious texturing going on with bumps/displacements etc etc that would have been brought over with the low level geo from something like Vue.

If you have a look in the Visor theres an example of a nebula using fluids that looks similar when you render it

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 11-06-2007 , 07:50 AM
thanks for quick replay. I think it is animated practical cloud and than rendered with some visor. this guys(Mexican) he made this short animation .but he wouldn't tell anyone how he made this tutorial, you can also make some snow storm with this practical geometry. it is really powerful. I'm really interested how he made it. I'll find out soon.Than I'll share it with everyone. this technique used in the movie (the day after tomorrow)

:bow:

Last edited by 3danimationmaya; 11-06-2007 at 07:52 AM.
# 4 11-06-2007 , 02:07 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Vey Cool

Please post it up when you find out, Im sure people will be very interested...

Cheers
Jay

# 5 18-06-2007 , 04:57 PM
I'd bet he used transperent textures. ...I don't see how that wouldn't create the results. Mind you he probably took long renders at high wualty with complex textures and a node map that would make you dissy. To me this kind of thing is a specialty something thats been practiced time and time agian.

# 6 18-06-2007 , 08:19 PM
Looks like blobby particles + some nice shading and glow to me.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!