Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 15-09-2008 , 02:20 PM
Subscriber

Meet Herman

Meet Herman. Herman is a Tentacle Monster. According to Herman that is the easy part! Herman is tired of being typecast. Villian, pervert, violator. Herman is coming to America, attempting to break free from the restrictive aesthetics of Japanese Hentai, to make it big in Hollywood!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-09-2008 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber
Herman has found Beverly Hills to be quite comfortable. Herman plunges cilia first into a sabbatical of such ambitiousness as can only be undertaken by the most consummate and talented of artists. And this artist isn't starving either!

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 16-09-2008 , 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Are the characters in the background going to be modeled as well? I asked because they are of a different style and higher detail than the main character, I found myself looking at them instead of him, and I doubt that should be the case. I think his design needs more appeal.

- Genny
# 4 16-09-2008 , 11:42 PM
Subscriber
yes all the characters are going to be modeled. and you are absolutely correct he needs lots more. stay tuned.

# 5 17-09-2008 , 07:47 PM
Subscriber
Herman's good fortunes are thanks to the dangerously over-drawn credit card of Mikey.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 18-09-2008 , 06:53 AM
Not too sure about the style your going for...

Could you post up a wire?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 19-09-2008 , 05:56 AM
Subscriber
hi gster. . . thanks for the reply. . .as far as style, nothing has been determined yet. for now what we are trying to do is make some visuals. we have very few concepts to work from. . .in fact just one for the characters. . .whcih you can see. the original idea is adult swim. . .but since I have little experience with that we are searching for a concept artist. . .all of the models so far have about three hours total work done. . .once we can get a new concept artist things will start taking better shape.