Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 28-10-2010 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber
Interesting, will try this in a few mins ..

edit: Nope not working, select glass poly, vertex, grab points, all fine.. shift select frame poly, frame highlights green you now have to select vertex points mode again, but cant holding down shift as that gives u diff options. So once in vertex mode hold shift select the frames points and oh the previous glass poly points deselect lol..

I cant win user added image its silly it should just grab all visible verti's it just doesnt here... beyond, me never ever had this problem before..

Last edited by moosenoodles; 28-10-2010 at 07:47 PM.
# 17 28-10-2010 , 07:51 PM
EduSciVis-er
Can you use F8 to go into component mode?

# 18 28-10-2010 , 07:54 PM
The thin red line
Sorry look at my last post

# 19 28-10-2010 , 07:58 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by stwert
Can you use F8 to go into component mode?

yeah you can stwert, but that just again F8 not with shift selected as that wouldnt produce any change in mode.

# 20 28-10-2010 , 08:00 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by daverave
Sorry look at my last post

Yeah thats fine dave, Its the way I "always" have done it lol till now, its not working period and I just cant fathom it..

if I was more upto speed with doing screen vid grabs id do one, but this is so beyond my comprehension why its still droping the first selected verti's its getting laughable user added image

hehe oh well soldier on eh..

# 21 28-10-2010 , 08:06 PM
Subscriber
Wow im shocked, well how about this lol,

After thinking of what stwert said I thought what if i select both parts first then hit F8 instead of using menus etc to do it. It worked lol, i could highlight/grab all verts in both parts instantly no shift held..

Now why in hecks name does that work but not the way ive used it for eons lol.. its goto be some glitch "I" have on 2011? I will have to recheck bug fixes if there are any again..

So whats your views why F8 works with both selected parts and not using clicky pen doofus normal way ive always done and right click menus user added image

sigh..

# 22 28-10-2010 , 08:08 PM
EduSciVis-er
Couldn't really say for sure... it is a bit of a weird setup. Component mode (F8) seems to be slightly different than the RMB component selection. E.g. If you RMB to vertices, you'll have to hit F8 twice to get back to object mode. Once to really go into component mode and once to get back to object. I wonder if it's something like a local and global effect. Anyway, hope that's working for you now. It's really an odd thing.

# 23 28-10-2010 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by stwert
Couldn't really say for sure... it is a bit of a weird setup. Component mode (F8) seems to be slightly different than the RMB component selection. E.g. If you RMB to vertices, you'll have to hit F8 twice to get back to object mode. Once to really go into component mode and once to get back to object. I wonder if it's something like a local and global effect. Anyway, hope that's working for you now. It's really an odd thing.

Yeah think ill hotkey F8 to something closer on fingies lol, oh joy just done a window set in 15 seconds compared to 15 mins messing about user added image

Thanks for all your help, I will surely take a gander at the RMB vert option gen, or do some googling see if its been mentioned elsewhere..

Thanks for all your time, your all most helpful here..

James..

Last edited by moosenoodles; 28-10-2010 at 09:30 PM.