Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-07-2003 , 01:22 AM

help... needed....

hi there....
i am trying to make a a creature of some kind... from a tutorial >>> https://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutorials/patch2/
i'm going to add .mb file so you could open it and hopefully help me out here...
what I need is to get all those pices together and make a 3D head of it...
just open the file and you'll understand what i mean...
(i think i am missing something )

thanx in advance

Attached Files
File Type: mb help.mb (480.4 KB, 179 views)
# 2 21-07-2003 , 02:12 PM
Subscriber
you cannot make it one surface. nurbs dont allow that. the easiest is to select all pieces, and globally stitch them together. you probably want to change the stich smoothness tangent or normal - this keeps the surfaces smooth even if they get a little bit seperated (e.g. while animating).

and you have to make it 3d yet - your surfaces are flat in your file user added image