Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 11-05-2010 , 07:48 AM
Lifetime Member
This is reeaalllllyyyy cool man!!!! cant wait to see some animation mate!!!!

I agree with dango bahahaha though I was thinking more 'Titanic King of the World'.

Absolutely love it, along with bigtoms lego you guys have got simple ideas, childhood stuff which is great to see. Dont get me wrong ALL of the work in here is great but seeing the 'kids' stuff gets us away from the 'tech' stuff for a moment (yes you g-man and steve! quantum chooks).

Keep it up mate!!! I cant wait to see what you have planned.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 17 11-05-2010 , 04:57 PM
The thin red line
Hi Rhetoric Camel
I havent done much physics stuff but could you not make a proxy model to do that...............dave

# 18 11-05-2010 , 11:01 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by bullet1968
This is reeaalllllyyyy cool man!!!! cant wait to see some animation mate!!!!

I agree with dango bahahaha though I was thinking more 'Titanic King of the World'.

Absolutely love it, along with bigtoms lego you guys have got simple ideas, childhood stuff which is great to see. Dont get me wrong ALL of the work in here is great but seeing the 'kids' stuff gets us away from the 'tech' stuff for a moment (yes you g-man and steve! quantum chooks).

Keep it up mate!!! I cant wait to see what you have planned.

cheers bullet

Thank you very much for the compliments. I appreciate it!! user added image

Originally posted by daverave
Hi Rhetoric Camel
I havent done much physics stuff but could you not make a proxy model to do that...............dave

I have no idea, I don't know anything about proxy's never messed with them before. Any idea where I could start?

# 19 12-05-2010 , 12:04 AM
Lifetime Member

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 20 12-05-2010 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber

# 21 03-08-2010 , 11:34 PM
Subscriber
Well I disappeared from the boards and the project for a while. Life keeps getting in the way of enjoying my hobby. I had forgot where I left off when I opened it. But after some looking around at what I had done, I realized I had to finish painting his weights. I'm now about to finish the rig up.

I decided to make a little scene real quick, nothing special, just something a little different from the typical render.

user added image

Going to finish rigging him and then practice some animating. I might have to go back through my weights and do some tweaking to them a bit, but that's the fun in it right?

# 22 04-08-2010 , 12:01 AM
Lifetime Member
Real life does get in the way doesnt it mate!! Cant wait for some animation on this little guy

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 23 04-08-2010 , 05:09 PM
Simply Maya OG
This might be just me, but it looks like the texturing on his head is abit...big/blown up. If that makes any sense...? Compared to his body, the head texture seems abit blown up.

- Hybrid
# 24 05-08-2010 , 01:31 AM
Subscriber
I-Iybrid: I see what you're saying, don't know how I've missed it with all the time I've stared at this character. I'll have to get in there and tweak around some of the uvs and mess around with the texture. Maybe try a few different ideas with the texture... if doing that is possible with a rigged/skinned character?

Bullet: I'm pretty excited about getting to animation. I've never gone beyond this point with any characters I've ever done. Exciting and intimidating at the same time. Going to be a slow process since I'm learning but I'm not giving up on this project yet! I'm going to make this the one I follow through with if it's the last thing I do! hahah

# 25 05-08-2010 , 02:00 AM
Lifetime Member
And I expect nothing less from you mate!! LOL gooooddddd luck....animation looks difficult......a road I have yet to pass...way down the line.

And yeh I only noticed the texture after Ibryd pointed it out...another pair of eyes they say

bullet1968

# 26 05-08-2010 , 12:37 PM
Simply Maya OG

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
I-Iybrid: I see what you're saying, don't know how I've missed it with all the time I've stared at this character. I'll have to get in there and tweak around some of the uvs and mess around with the texture. Maybe try a few different ideas with the texture... if doing that is possible with a rigged/skinned character?

It shouldnt matter if its rigged or not. The textures shouldnt affect any of that, unless you've animated the textures already. Just go in to the CV's, and adjust them accordingly.

- Hybrid
# 27 05-08-2010 , 01:01 PM
The thin red line
I like him as he is............dave

# 28 05-08-2010 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by I-Iybrid
It shouldnt matter if its rigged or not. The textures shouldnt affect any of that, unless you've animated the textures already. Just go in to the CV's, and adjust them accordingly.

I didn't think it would affect it but I had to double check, thanks for confirming it for me.

Originally posted by daverave
I like him as he is............dave

Thanks dave, I appreciate it. I like him the way he is to. But I-Iybrid had a good point on the texture looking larger.

I was thinking about playing around with some different looks for him. Maybe some seams connecting his arms and body, head and neck, legs and torso... make him look like he was stitched together.. maybe different materials and patches, look old and worn a bit. I don't know. I keep toying with different ideas in my head, will probably be much harder to actually do.

# 29 05-08-2010 , 10:08 PM
The thin red line
Hi Rhetoric Camel
This is your fictional creation, it does not have to conform to any thing as there is nothing to compare it to. if I were you I would animate it and see if you like it.........dave

# 30 05-08-2010 , 11:05 PM
Lifetime Member
I agree with dave mate....Iybrid had a point BUT as dave said its your creation. Thats what this project is about isnt it mate?? have fun and experiment mate...simple as that.

Yeh some stiching and a worn look would make it have character!!!!! BUT if you are happy with him...leave him as maybe throw a few colour patches on him...Punky Brewster style...LOL

cheers bullet

bullet1968