Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 20-02-2004 , 12:56 AM

Stuck on CPS Basics

Hey.

Busy having a whirl at some of the tutorials on the site (very impressed so far, completed a few .. good job guys helped me alot with my Maya learning :tupuser added image.

Although i'm trying the CPS Basics movie (Carsten Lind) at the moment and I appear to be stuck. The first is when he creates the mouth area for the head, when he selects the face at the front, he deletes the face but whats left for Carsten is a more oval type shape, but when I delete the face it creates a diamond shape.

The other problem was that he was able to easily move the split points for the split polygon tool where as I seem to be able to only make a split at only a few places on the lines (i'm sure it's just a technique that he uses and i'm not familiar with, but thought i'd ask in case I didn't enable something or he forgot to mention something). When I try to move to the split point it just snaps to one of the other set places on the line.

Thanks in advance for the reply if anyone can lend a hand!

# 2 20-02-2004 , 05:35 PM
No worries, i've sorted it .. although I don't know how I managed to fix the problem with the deletion of the face it just seems to create a oval now instead of a diamond .. and the other problem was just taking the snapping stuff off in the settings for the split polygon tool.

Thanks anyway!