Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 451 29-03-2012 , 01:07 AM
Subscriber
aaah, Perfecto, that's adorable!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 452 29-03-2012 , 06:16 PM
Lifetime Member

Here's another character concept I'm working on for another project

Really cute concept. Kinda like Peanuts meets the Power Puff Girls user added image

# 453 29-03-2012 , 09:28 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
Nice Dango I like it with the lower jaw, Perfecto lovin the concept, what are you going to do with it?

Here is a concept I put together while I was at work one day. Still plan on doing some work, just trying to decide how I want to go about it...I am trying to get the main features to look like they are on top yet transparent so you can see what is happening with the "energy" flowing the the skull and out of the brain.

Attached Thumbnails
# 454 29-03-2012 , 09:56 PM
Subscriber
Have you ever wonder how come some people can draw something so well while others can't. It's not because of talent, it's because most people are doing it wrong. Many people draw what they think they see, instead of what they see - get it? lol, but it's all about the way you look at your object, here's an example of amateurs drawing the same thing using the 'normal' method and the 'secret' one:
user added image

It's based on a book 'Drawing on the right side of brain'.. as the titles hints, most people draw using left hemisphere (imagination) instead of right (reality).. but here's a better explanation and example:
https://www.seedsofgrowth.com/have-yo...it-upside-down

..just thought I'd share. This is mainly for drawing what's in front of you, but also if you use photos for references etc.

# 455 29-03-2012 , 10:16 PM
Lifetime Member
@nov2011 ... Yes, I have that book also. It's a bloody good read and quite an eye opener. (I still can't draw though ... mainly because of lack of practice though I reckon).

# 456 30-03-2012 , 05:26 AM
[QUOTE=Ozgalis;335770] Perfecto lovin the concept, what are you going to do with it?
QUOTE]

I've been working on children's books mostly. Some are 2d artwork, some are 3d, and some are a mixure of 2d and 3d.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 457 12-04-2012 , 10:04 PM
Hi all,

Been a while since I've been on here, hope everyone is well!
Nowt in the way of 3d to show (although I am working on a few bits at the moment, just nothing finished that I can show), I've been very busy being creative in other ways too though, a bit of web design for a friend, writing my graphic novel and, sketching loads.
Here's one that I did this morning, just a shadow study but he turned ou looking a little scary so I was quite pleased with it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 458 13-04-2012 , 12:20 AM
Lifetime Member
Yeh nov I have that actual book...had it for years. The upside down take was amazing!!!! also the negative space sketching was very interesting...I actully have to force myself to do that one. A must for any budding sketcher....nice Dango...not bad at all mate.

cheers bullet

P.S Mark...anyone can draw if they follow the book....you will be suprised what you are capable of!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 459 13-04-2012 , 03:40 PM
Lifetime Member

Have you ever wonder how come some people can draw something so well while others can't. It's not because of talent, it's because most people are doing it wrong.

Wow I am suprised and happy to know that this little trick actually works. I read the article and was a bit skeptic at first so I decided I would have to put it to the test. My entire approach to drawing the image changed drastically. I think most people would agree that the hardest parts of drawing a person are their hands and facial features but by using this method it was like they where no different than any other part of the body. Quite Amazing Thanks for sharing the link Nov2011 user added image

- Jake
# 460 14-04-2012 , 12:31 AM
19 year Veteran
@ nov2011, thats a great trick to help people draw portraits and stuff more accurate!

I have always been a natural at drawing, but I did ( as much as I hated it ) studied basic shapes (squares, circles, cones ect.. ) and translated them to paper. I drew alot of apples, grapes and oranges, and other basic stuff to. I also learned how to shade them to create detail, depth, and shadow. After that I graduated to more complex shapes, like guns, shoes, and then finally portraits. learning basic shapes does help alot, and once you have learned them, you wont need to turn that picture upside down to trick your brain.

Last edited by THX1138; 14-04-2012 at 12:34 AM.
# 461 05-07-2012 , 09:28 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Something a little orgasmic for you all, warning you may cry as these speed paintings are so damn good!!

https://sketchpat.blogspot.co.uk/

Edit: heres the quote from Facebook:

FRIEND'S WORK: Buddy Patrick Faulwetter shocks us with another killer live speed painting. The infamous yellow Veyron of Bijan on Rodeo Drive. You've all taken pictures of it, but Patrick just paints it right there plain air with a laptop better then any camera will ever expose.
We all can't even sketch such spot on proportions.

Jay

# 462 05-07-2012 , 10:46 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks Jay, I cried, sobbed and smashed my head on the desk, wish I was that good.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 463 05-07-2012 , 10:56 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I feel your pain....my head is still spinning too

Jay

# 464 11-07-2012 , 09:50 PM
19 year Veteran
Are you sure thats not really your work and using an alias name to trick us?

# 465 18-07-2012 , 06:52 AM
Senior Animator - Sumo Digital
Here's my 2d effort, actually did it a while back. But there you go.
Invading squid aliens. Original I know!!!! user added image

user added image

Full size image