Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 04-05-2006 , 02:23 PM
good job! This models looking great so far. I really like the wings although I say they should be tripled in size from the first picture. horns are very cool, he has the most out-chin I've ever seen!

keep going, bobalie

# 17 04-05-2006 , 06:12 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by bobalie
good job! This models looking great so far. I really like the wings although I say they should be tripled in size from the first picture. horns are very cool, he has the most out-chin I've ever seen!

keep going, bobalie

Thanks man, I'll make the wings bigger. user added image

# 18 05-05-2006 , 07:46 PM
cool, maybe make the wings also have some holes in the membrane of the wing, look like hes fought some bi*ches. Wow, I really wish I could do what your doing user added image im making an Ak 47 right now and lets just say it aint that good.

yeah, keep going, good luck

bobalie

# 19 16-05-2006 , 04:08 AM
Subscriber
Here's an update.

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 16-05-2006 , 04:09 AM
Subscriber
back

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 16-05-2006 , 04:11 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by bobalie
cool, maybe make the wings also have some holes in the membrane of the wing, look like hes fought some bi*ches. Wow, I really wish I could do what your doing user added image im making an Ak 47 right now and lets just say it aint that good.

yeah, keep going, good luck

bobalie

I think if I'm going to holes, I'll probably do that as a texture instead of modeling. user added image

It sounds kinda hard modeling it.

# 22 16-05-2006 , 05:00 AM
Subscriber
Another update.

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 16-05-2006 , 06:41 AM
good job but i have one probelm with this model. the guys seems to have very short thigs which also makes him look like he has short hips and looks kinda wierd to me. keep up the good work.

# 24 16-05-2006 , 12:34 PM
Is his underwear a cloth object or a nurbs/poly object? It looks great...just wondering how you went about making it.

# 25 16-05-2006 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by younglion
good job but i have one probelm with this model. the guys seems to have very short thigs which also makes him look like he has short hips and looks kinda wierd to me. keep up the good work.

You're referring to the pelvic area right? Come to think of it, it does look kind of short to me also, I'll try to fix it when I have time.

# 26 16-05-2006 , 06:24 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by esion
Is his underwear a cloth object or a nurbs/poly object? It looks great...just wondering how you went about making it.

I played around with the cloth with nurbs, but all the flipping kind of got me a bit frustrated. But what I liked about it when I did it was the sculpt paint tool. It works great on nurbs and you can get some pretty cool wrinkles with it. Draping was a bit more work on it in my opinion.

Anyhow, I decided to do it in poly instead, but the sculpt polygon tool for it isn't so great. It's jumpy, but for the small wrinkles I used the sculpt tool. For the drapes, I just basically modeled it by manually folding it in to make folds, adding extra edges where needed. I converted to subdivision to see how it looked smoothed, tugged and pulled around the edges on it to get the shape I wanted, then converted back to poly, and used proxy smoothe to see how it looked smoothed. It's a bit different from subdivisions, so I did that to fix all the areas that were sticking out and that's about it. I ignored some triangles and it made it a lot easier to work with.

# 27 19-05-2006 , 06:25 AM
Subscriber
I think I'm done for now.

Attached Thumbnails
# 28 19-05-2006 , 06:26 AM
Subscriber
I'll get to the texturing eventually. Just did a quick render.

Attached Thumbnails
# 29 19-05-2006 , 07:42 AM
DUDE ur crazy!

This model is brilliant. Everything looks perfect and i have no advice for u but keep on doing what ur doing. U must have heaps of experience modelling with maya. (or just in general)
Love to see this textured and maybe an animation.
Keep on truckin

:bow:

Food 4 Thought: Does the universe end and if it does, whats behind the universe?