Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-08-2007 , 06:11 AM

Navarro- half ninja/ half zorro

Hi everyone, i spend alot of time looking at all of the posts that are made on these forums. I have been working on a project for the past few months.

My actual first character model for my class at school. The class was Animation 1 but i spent most of the time modeling and making my textures. I was able to rig his bone structure to the skin but i had a horrible time painting weights. Even still i wasnt able to get the weights down completely.

Even now, he is still unfinished. I wanted to make a texture for his body armor and the rest of his armor. But i ran completely out of time!

Just thought i would post some pics of him for crits and whatnot. thanks =)

Criticisms are very welcome!

first, his weapons. his dual Katanas

user added image
user added image

Next this is a full body pic of Navarro

user added image
user added image

This is a closer frontal shot of him.

user added image

And this last one just to show a close up of his face, which is what i spent the most time on. >_< I made polygonal hair because i lacked the time and the knowledge to use the hair feature. I also didnt give Navarro Eyelashes because.. i didnt know how to mess with alpha channels, i could have made the texture but i have no clue on making the black dissapear on the texture. =/

user added image

oh and one last one showing off my crappy glove texture v.v

user added image

Any criticism welcome!

I had a tough time painting the skin weights, the tutorial i was using had the model in polygon form while painting the weights but when i did that and tried to convert my poly to subdivision, the skin detached itself from the bone. =/ At least i got a good grade for the amount of work i put into him.

-Julio

Last edited by laranis29; 25-08-2007 at 06:17 AM.
# 2 25-08-2007 , 11:21 AM
Jr.Who
Cool model, but his eyes just don’t seem right to me.
user added image

# 3 25-08-2007 , 03:40 PM
i suggest brightening up the black colored things. in real life its not that black.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 4 25-08-2007 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber
Hey man!! Cant wait to see it animated.. I will post my toon here too.

myspace - www.myspace.com/seansilasexperimental
# 5 26-08-2007 , 07:04 AM
Subscriber
Looking nice, better than what i could do :p

Crits are that it is abit to dark.

Yeah cant wait to see this animated...