Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 11-12-2007 , 03:35 AM

Maxwell 1.6

Hey Guys

Anyone using this yet? Was wondering how it deals with displacments, is it easy/ a pain?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 2 11-12-2007 , 06:38 AM
Subscriber
Yes, I have and it works quite well with displacements. Here is one with the sidewall if the tire displaced and the tread is modeled.

Attached Thumbnails

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 3 11-12-2007 , 06:43 AM
Subscriber
And you ask if it was easy. Yes, very easy. Just keep the numbers low on it as they work very well.

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 4 11-12-2007 , 09:37 AM
Do the render times go up a lot adding the displacments?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 11-12-2007 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
No, I was surprised. It takes abit longer to compute before it renders. But nothing really that bad.

It slow about maybe 5 or 6%. that is just a guess. But certinaly not anything to keep you from using it. A few controls that look nice in the Displacement node you just add. I haven't messed with them much as yet.

At least that is my experience so far. Had a very nice displacement map to work with and I need to consider that may have helped.