Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 12-01-2009 , 12:56 AM

Originally posted by murambi
me i appreciate games coz i know how hard it is to make them specielly with parallel programming but i absolutely have no respect for games on the wii and i think it kinda hampers the progress of the gaming industry

That's a bit harsh! :p

But when flagship titles include Action Girlz Racing and The Ant Bully, its a bit concerning... :p

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 32 12-01-2009 , 01:41 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
hmmmm..............doesnt wii sound like the noise you make when you take a leak

# 33 12-01-2009 , 06:35 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
Personally I think the wii is a great idea, i just think most of the games are awful

# 34 12-01-2009 , 10:19 AM
Subscriber
wii is a good system, they're still working on perfecting it though unfortunately, it's unused video game technology that still needs a bit of work, but for the most part I think it's pretty cool.

# 35 12-01-2009 , 11:34 AM
Subscriber
Ok, rant time...

I read somewhere that people (ok... nerds) Where complaining about the Wii because it took gaming away from the hardcore level that only the select elite could understand and gave it to the common folk such as old people, children, mothers and families.
It is such an easy system to use and it is bringing games out of basements and making them more social and accepted among said common folk which i think is a really good thing.
Actually, its kinda like how that classical and opera singer/violinst (his name slips my mind) was doing the same thing with classical music.
People are always afraid of having their elite circle broken and introducing the common folk which is why the wii isnt being respected by the 'gamers' among us. Perhaps some people will realise it is just a game in the end and who cares if everybody gets envolved.
This type of thing has happened countless times. Im sure there was a time when the internet was only avaliable to the technically advanced of us before it was on every thirteen year old girls phone's. Was their a social uprising or an event of apocolyptic size, this may be a bad example but my point is it didnt destroy the internet, it made it accesible to the majority of the people.
All the wii does (and all consoles for that matter) is create intrest in the gaming world and i dont see how that can be a bad thing.
Im just waiting now for someone to release a song called
"wii killed the hardcore video game systems and ruined our elite society"

Thanks for reading my much to lengthy opinions (if you did)

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 36 12-01-2009 , 01:45 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Some Guy
I read somewhere that people (ok... nerds) Where complaining about the Wii because it took gaming away from the hardcore level that only the select elite could understand and gave it to the common folk such as old people, children, mothers and families.

i hate gaming nerds, well, i hate the nerds who get all nerdy and bully-wannabe when they start losing and start whinging and making excuses and shouting at other players to stop dying and call you names and want to ban you from the game because you are new.

and someguy what you said is true

"oh no, we're starting to become socially accepted! AAAAAHHHHH" :p that quote is a joke...don't hate me for it...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 37 12-01-2009 , 02:38 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
I wonder if we will ever see great games that look and play as great as the other console games oh well I believe in time we will get to see the positive and negative effects of the wii
by the way what happened to dreamcast sega just died out and they had great titles shenmue(fantastic game)

Last edited by murambi; 12-01-2009 at 02:45 PM.
# 38 12-01-2009 , 04:56 PM
Subscriber
nintendo will always target the kiddies market (and now the oldies market)
the wii will accepted by society more than the others since it's more innovative and has medical and educational use

whatever happened to sega saturn?
back in the old days when it came out with playstation i wanted that instead....

i read that sony and ms are going to srtip down future consoles like how the wii is in hopes that they can succeed as much as the wii. which is obviously the stupidist move they could make, esp without something innovative to back them up....

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 39 13-01-2009 , 04:42 AM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by Some Guy
Ok, rant time...

It is such an easy system to use and it is bringing games out of basements and making them more social and accepted among said common folk which i think is a really good thing.
Actually, its kinda like how that classical and opera singer/violinst (his name slips my mind) was doing the same thing with classical music.
People are always afraid of having their elite circle broken and introducing the common folk which is why the wii isnt being respected by the 'gamers' among us. Perhaps some people will realise it is just a game in the end and who cares if everybody gets envolved.
This type of thing has happened countless times. Im sure there was a time when the internet was only avaliable to the technically advanced of us before it was on every thirteen year old girls phone's. Was their a social uprising or an event of apocolyptic size, this may be a bad example but my point is it didnt destroy the internet, it made it accesible to the majority of the people.
All the wii does (and all consoles for that matter) is create intrest in the gaming world and i dont see how that can be a bad thing.
Im just waiting now for someone to release a song called
"wii killed the hardcore video game systems and ruined our elite society"

Thanks for reading my much to lengthy opinions (if you did)

I think wed all be annoyed though if suddenly everyone could be a 3D artist really easily

Although I do think games are different, more like movies. But companies are just trying to make money of the new ignorant market and just arnt trying anymore

# 40 13-01-2009 , 08:02 AM
Games a game, isnt a game mainly involving fun....

Worrying that "ooh that rubbish consoles ruining gaming"...... come on. More things in life to worry about (also bet if there was a job in it making the assets/programming peeps wouldent be so quick to pour scorn.)

Again a games a game, its all the same industry, also isnt it better to have more people interested in the industry rarther than a few?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 41 13-01-2009 , 08:14 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
Im all for the idea of the wii and im its there although i wouldnt buy one becaue its not aimed at people like me and i guess nintendo have never really aimed at hardcore gamers, so why is everyone getting in a strop now?

Still, i do want to play super smash bros. brawl

# 42 13-01-2009 , 08:55 AM
Subscriber
# 43 13-01-2009 , 09:04 AM
I cirtanly aint in a strop, not into "gaming" at all, though being at friends houses that have a 360, PS3 and wii's and playing on them the wii's been te most fun.

At the end of the day you play games, with play and games being the operative word, nothing serious in that as long as your having fun who cares what console your using.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 44 13-01-2009 , 11:05 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by gster123
I cirtanly aint in a strop, not into "gaming" at all, though being at friends houses that have a 360, PS3 and wii's and playing on them the wii's been te most fun.

At the end of the day you play games, with play and games being the operative word, nothing serious in that as long as your having fun who cares what console your using.

couldn't have said it better myself. I have recently aquired through christmas both the wii and the ps3 and they're both equally fun for what they're there for. I still play the occasional game on the computer. And at friends houses I play xBox and they're all serving their purpose at entertaining.

# 45 13-01-2009 , 12:24 PM

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
couldn't have said it better myself. I have recently aquired through christmas both the wii and the ps3 and they're both equally fun for what they're there for. I still play the occasional game on the computer. And at friends houses I play xBox and they're all serving their purpose at entertaining.

wow, rhetoric - you really lucked out! user added image

yep, gster has hit it on the head - i have some friends who prefer wii, others who prefer xbox - so having both means more fun.