Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-11-2003 , 04:20 PM

Basketball commercial teaser

Well this is exactly what the threads name is a basketball commercial teaser. I was given a 10 sec spot for a way to announce up coming games for our school. This animation will be in the back and after it stops the real information will be displayed. Unfortunately, I don't know when the games are yet so it stop after the basketball.

Well any ways, tell me what you think of the basketball.
Divx 5.0.3

Attached Files
File Type: zip b_ball.zip (355.6 KB, 294 views)

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 2 09-11-2003 , 05:38 PM
user title spammer
looks nice so far,
what i would change:

- the basketball should rotate a bit, its movement looks to perfect the way it is now

- wood doesn´t reflect like that, the reflection shouldn´t be that clean and should diffuse as the basketball is in a bigger distance

But the ball looks very nice, the specular lightning is perfect, just as a basketball looks like

# 3 09-11-2003 , 06:03 PM
The Maya Mountain
I agree, it definitely needs some rotation.
You might also consider an ambient light or some sort of fill light so the shadow isn't 100% black as it is.
What kind of final composition will it be? Text of some kind?

# 4 09-11-2003 , 11:21 PM
The final composition will have either 2D text or a 3D still, most likely, and will display the date, time and place of the game.

About the rotation, I made the ball bounce dynamically, is there a way I can key those frames and add rotation?

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 5 09-11-2003 , 11:39 PM
The Maya Mountain
You can give it a tad initial velocity, but need to be careful as you can find some pretty unpredicatable results. That's the beauty of dynamic, though. user added image

# 6 11-11-2003 , 08:14 AM
user title spammer
there is something like rotation in the dynamics too, you can key that value or give it initial rotation ...

# 7 24-11-2003 , 11:40 AM
I agree, nice ball, I was thinking maybe 4 way spot lights as well, would maybe cast some nice shadows that you perhaps get in a b ball stadium.

I am not worthy!
# 8 24-11-2003 , 12:02 PM
Subscriber
One of the things I noticed that others hasn't cought yet was the ball dosn't change shap enufe.. its filled with air. as it is now it looks a bit to static.. I'm hopeing the rotation on the ball will help.. it also might help a little if you have the flor that the ball hits just a little under the displayed floor.. maybe just for the first bounce.. that would add to the ilution just a little with out much work. after the first bounce you could just key frame the active floor up some..

that would work, right guys ??

# 9 24-11-2003 , 12:03 PM
Subscriber
OH yeah.. very cool spot ! I love the wood grain.. good texture find..

# 10 16-12-2003 , 07:24 PM
Subscriber
Very nice, dunno if the ball would need to lose shape a lil with such a small bounce tho...looks good to me...yea a lil rotation would be neat...really nice though.

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 11 16-12-2003 , 09:36 PM
Sorry for the delay. I have been sick(still am) and now have exams. I am having some troubles getting it to spin, but I will try to figure it out.

mahalo,

Myk

# 12 27-12-2003 , 12:05 PM
Looking good keep it up!

-------------------------------------------