Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-08-2013 , 10:36 AM

Monsters University

Hi ,

I'm Emanuela from VIEW Conference the premiere international event in Italy on Computer Graphics, Interactive Techniques, Digital Cinema, 2D/3D Animation, Gaming and VFX. The Conference will take place in Turin, from the 15th to the 18th October 2012.

I'm writing to you to announce that John Knoll will unveil the visual effects of Pacific Rim at VIEW Conference.

At ILM, Knoll led the award-winning studio’s work on LucasFilm’s Star Wars Episodes I, II, and III, and Disney’s first two Pirates of the Caribbean films. He was a computer graphics designer on director Jim Cameron’s 1989 film The Abyss and more recently, visual effects supervisor at ILM for the Oscar-winning films Hugo (Martin Scorsese), Rango (Gore Verbinski), and Avatar (Jim Cameron), three of the 35 films for which he’s credited.

In 2007, Knoll received an Oscar and a BAFTA film award for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. In addition, Knoll has received five Oscar nominations, four BAFTA nominations, nine VES nominations, and two VES awards for visual effects. The ILM veteran and long-time member of the ILM brain trust became the studio’s first chief creative officer in 2013.