Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 01-03-2004 , 08:34 PM
maybe create a line of small windows in the wall above the glass door, or a long rectangular one to allow sunlight to stream in?

Lungs not guns....
# 17 02-03-2004 , 10:43 AM
... do you think that would be a solution ? and about the lights what kind of light setups. and where shoul i plce them.....

Im gona post a 4 view of the model so may visualize better.

Thanks

weld some pixels !!!
# 18 02-03-2004 , 03:05 PM
I think it would definitely help it the realism of the model. What time of day are you going for?

Lungs not guns....
# 19 02-03-2004 , 05:20 PM
OK im gona add some windows to the model.
Regarding the time of the day i wouLd prefer defenetly afternoon..or morning
IM GONA TRY tonight to post my last update, also changed some textures, not much but ok but i think the probleis also the textures.... wood....walls... What you think ?

weld some pixels !!!
# 20 02-03-2004 , 08:37 PM
OK, I would make the seating area smaller, for easier conversation, with maybe free standing couches, but use shelves, or technology in the sunk-ins. Wood floors (thin slat textures) and white simple walls would compliment the maroon you have. Maybe bring the upper loft out towards the camera (enlargening it and bringing the rafters even with the bottom of the segond floor, and suspending lights form them????) just seems like too big and undefined. Oh, would a spiral staircase look cool? iron with grated platforms? just thinking out loud. One big mural on the main wall could rock, like faint wave shapes, or the rectangles of buildings? Hmmm, I have never done architecture in MAya.....

Lungs not guns....
# 21 01-04-2004 , 12:56 PM
no updates cause im doing wome freelance so no time to updates sorry, and maya is not workn too good ;(

weld some pixels !!!
# 22 01-04-2004 , 02:35 PM
Looks very nice! user added image

Look up caustics/mentalray.