Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 14-09-2004 , 11:15 PM

Originally posted by Kevin
great site!

easy on the eyes and nice colours, easy navigation, good work on show to

Nice!

Oh stop it already! You're just partial to Purple! :p

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 17 15-09-2004 , 08:50 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Giving it a revamp already, hence no showing up on the forums as much!!!

_J

# 18 18-09-2004 , 10:36 AM
Dudes should be revamped in a couple of days. Will have a couple of new sections: Wallpapers, News and updates page, but no tutes yet, also removed the contact page, it doesn't need it so just popped a small text link on the page for email
Later
_J

# 19 19-09-2004 , 06:02 AM
Holy tumble track and dolly, Jango! Thats quite a little site you've got goin' there!

Great presentation.

I just bookmarked ya so I'll be checkin' up on your progress:tup:

Dave

# 20 19-09-2004 , 10:26 AM
Hey SwankyMonkey

Cheers dude, glad you like it!!! Another happy customer!!
Updates should be soon (fingers crossed) have been working like mad on the extras on top of the other parts for the actual project

_J

# 21 23-09-2004 , 08:02 PM
Hey dudes

Well I have updated the site already, the scheme is alot darker. Plus added a news page and have started a downloads section, which has a couple of 'walls' there already for you if you're interested, which you will need to 'right click'> open in new window and then 'right click'> save picture as. Sorry if this is hassle but I liked the option of having the 'click to close image'

Anyway have fun. I think theres a new image in the WiP section too.

_J

# 22 24-09-2004 , 11:50 AM
Subscriber
looks much better mate, youv'e enlarged the site too! next stop animating for Flash !!!

MURPH
# 23 24-09-2004 , 11:53 AM
Hey Cheers Murph!!
_J

# 24 24-09-2004 , 11:14 PM
Subscriber
Jango, looking great there.

btw, the 14th 2d, love the blue highlights, and dirt on that ship.
2nd to last. The mustash really makes that one creepy, makes it so much more life like.

Really good skills there with 2d.

Enjoy seeing your work.

# 25 25-09-2004 , 09:37 AM
Hey Pony
Many thanks, another happy customer.
_J

# 26 25-09-2004 , 01:56 PM
Technical Director
Hey Jango. I like the new color.

When is the tutorial comming out?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 27 25-09-2004 , 08:06 PM
'He will learn patience' - Obi-Wan Kenobi

_J

# 28 25-09-2004 , 09:34 PM
Subscriber
Dont know why but ever since you updated your site it keeps crashing on my pc user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 29 25-09-2004 , 10:34 PM
HeyRC

Really??

It doesn't wanna do that!! Everyone else is okay so far. Theres bigger stuff on it now so wait for it all to come thru before engaging drive...

_J

# 30 26-09-2004 , 02:40 AM
Just took a peek at the site. While I think it does an ok job displaying your work, I think the color scheme and general look can be vastly approved upon. This is a designer's perspective so brace yourself! user added image

My suggestions:

1. Use a more professional looking font.

2. Get rid of the gradient/beveled nav buttons and the beveled box surrounding the content area.

3. If you want to keep the site purple, look at the shading of each area. (for example, look at the shades in this very forum....why does this have a more professional look to it?). Also, it looks odd that the area outside your site is white (outside the table holding everything).

4. You've got some really nice work so let people know that when they first visit the site...something better than the wireframes and renders just plopped on the homepage in the header. Really distinguish yourself in the header area....typography is important as well how you layout your graphics. Right now, everything just looks blocky.

4. If it's a portfolio, put some of your best work rather than overdoing it. I saw one render in the 3D section that wasn't really in the same league with your other work. Right now I think your concept drawings really shine. Just an idea, but categorizing by project might be a cool idea so folks folks could see the evolution from concept drawing to final render, with accompanying text explaining the project and whatnot.

My overall suggestion would be to look around at some of the design inspiration sites like surfstation or designiskinky or some design blog sites such as cameronmoll which will link to other design bloggers. The sites these sites link to will give you some more ideas of what modern design is out there.

Sorry if it seemed like I ripped everything apart. I'm kind of on top of design as I've done it for a living for the past 7 years. I just think if you're going to show good work, then make a site to match it. I would really feature your concept art. Wish I could shade and draw like that.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."