View Poll Results: what kind of track?
a rally track through a desert like a segment of the dakar challenge 10 50.00%
a le mans type track most likely laguna seca 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 61 17-06-2007 , 05:48 PM
Acid44
forgot the pic...

Attached Thumbnails
# 62 17-06-2007 , 05:49 PM
Acid44
smoothed and smoothed wires

watcha think of this one?

Attached Thumbnails
# 63 17-06-2007 , 05:50 PM
Jr.Who
Looks really good, I like that spoiler a lot.
user added image

# 64 17-06-2007 , 06:22 PM
Acid44
thanks im working on all the windows right now, then im going to be smoothing and detailing:headbang: this should be fun...

# 65 28-06-2007 , 07:15 PM
Acid44
ok so the zonda can now go f*** itself...:angery:

i did a render of it in a parking lot which required the rotaion of the zonda and smoothing it i didnt click freeze transformations but it did it anyways for some reason so im either starting it over or figuring out how to rotate it back to how it was:angery: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

in the meantime ive been working on a veyron for about 2 hrs now... so far i like it c&c please

Attached Thumbnails
# 66 28-06-2007 , 07:20 PM
Acid44
smoothed wires

Attached Thumbnails
# 67 29-06-2007 , 01:04 AM
Acid44
update on the Veyron:rear bumper started i think it looks good so far

also working on midfeild raceway from gran turismo and laguna seca

BTW could a mod please change the name of this thread to: a bunch of WIPs in one

thanksuser added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Acid44; 29-06-2007 at 01:06 AM.
# 68 29-06-2007 , 01:09 AM
I gotta be honest. The smoothing looks horrible. Your wires have mistakes in them. From that I can see that you will have problems modeling it. For advice, I would say, you must break your car up into sections. Subdivide it, DONT SMOOTH!! Give it depth and convert back to polys.

# 69 29-06-2007 , 01:21 AM
Acid44
it is in sections already like roof doors ect. but i never thoug to sub'd it thanks for the advice

# 70 03-07-2007 , 06:58 AM
Acid44
sry meant to say never THOUGHT to sub'd it...

update lights, bumper work, windows, and a few other minor things

the lights were my first try with using booleans and i almost crapped my pants when it worked:p

im happy with it so far c&c please

btw im gonna be fixing the mesh so it flows better later today

Attached Thumbnails
# 71 03-07-2007 , 07:00 AM
Acid44
pic 2

Attached Thumbnails
# 72 03-07-2007 , 01:38 PM
Subscriber
well u dont always have to subD it because if you model it properly, a smooth will do the trick look at mines or youngs cars.. Personally, using subD sucks cause

1- using sub d creases suck for good corners and if u model it so that u dont need to use subd creases, then the smooth will do the same thing

2 - u have to save another file cause once u turn ur sub d to polys for a final version, u cant get it back where as a smooth, u can set the itts. back to 0 and it will be back at its base mode.

Its commin a long acid. cars arent easy esp your first car. id say focus on keeping your mesh evenly spread out and start with 1 part until u get it where u want. start with ahood, work on it until its how u want it and then move onto the next part using extrude or whatever method u do because if you have the mesh modeled properly for 1 part, it makes doing the next part 10 times easier. I can say ur bugatti looks way beter then the zhonda so just keep at it, its comming a long and in no time, it will be looking floawless

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 73 03-07-2007 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber
also, im lookin at ur taililghts and its a bit bumpy because of the tris. what i usually do is for a circle is, u only need a 10 sided or 8 sided cylinder. i usually use 8 sided ones. once i get my cylinder, i push it through the mesh and then take my split poly tool and cut out where each edge on the cylinder is so that u will have a 8 sided cylinder on ur mesh. then try to make quads with ur mesh outta it. sometimes u might have to add a row or column but it works perfect. i will make a simple pdf with images tonight to show you what im talking about

Toyota Supra WIP

# 74 03-07-2007 , 02:21 PM
Subscriber
Here you go as promised. This is how i make my cutouts which in my opinion is more efficient then booleans and cleaners. you will also get less bumpers. Inside this zip file is images and a text file. the text file is instructions 1-19 so just match #1 from the txt file with 1.jpeg, 2 with 2.jpeg etc......

heres the link:

https://files-upload.com/354731/help.zip.html

Toyota Supra WIP

# 75 03-07-2007 , 06:24 PM
Acid44
cool thanks man, i havent taken a screenshot yet but i cleaned up a lot of the mesh and did a little further refinement ill post that tommorow when i wake up

BTW woudl the same method be used for the headlights cause im have major probs with them too