Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-01-2011 , 08:42 PM

Rendering sequences directy from render view?

Is there a way to render and preview frame sequences directly within render view? I need to see how an animation is playing out (i'm trying to tweak mental ray settings so playblast isn't useful here), and to set up a batch render is a total pain. I have to config the settings and filename and then do a batch render. And my frames render 3 seconds in render view and 10 seconds from batch render. And then I have have "open animation" from fcheck and scroll down to the first frame to select it. "Show Batch Render" doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm spoiled, but in Adobe After Effects I just set an 'in' and 'out' point and hit one key to do all this this.

I thought I'd found exactly what I was looking for with this script: "RenderWindo+" but I can't seem to get it working (either I'm incompetent or the script isn't compatible with current Maya versions). Has anyone had any luck with this? How do people preview their work effeciently and quickly?

link to script:
https://www.creativecrash.com/maya/do...do--2/comments

thanks