Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-07-2005 , 12:19 AM
Subscriber

Extruding-faces won't stay together

Ok I've been trying to extrude, but for some reason the faces won't stick together and go into it's own direction. I already went to tools, keep faces together and it still does this. I was pretty confident that was the option to keep it together, but it did nothing. Is something wrong with maya or is what I'm doing is wrong?

# 2 28-07-2005 , 01:20 PM
Subscriber
Look for a little circle near the extrude icon, click it before extruding.

# 3 28-07-2005 , 01:37 PM
Subscriber
You did the right thing by keeping the faces together. However, sometimes you need to set the option then deselect the faces then reselect the faces - before the change in preferences takes place.

# 4 28-07-2005 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber
When you do the extrude, if you look in the channel editor does "keep face..." say 1 or 0.

# 5 28-07-2005 , 10:56 PM
Subscriber
I already know about the circle, it only changes the directions of the extrusions, but I tried the other 2 things you guys told me and it worked. Thanks. user added image

# 6 31-07-2005 , 04:54 PM
this happened to me once in a while, generally its when theres an extra edge between the two faces. Try to merge all verts and select surrounding edges and verts to see if the numbers dont line up.